January 2011 Moms

Got Gas

What is the best way to relieve infant gas? I was using Enfamil A+ formula and switched to Enfamil Gentlease. It helped for awhile, but the severe gas has returned. I tried Ovol drops, gripe water, massages etc. Any other suggestions? Maybe another type of formula?

Re: Got Gas

• musiline drops (I dont think thats exaclty what they are called or how it is spelled) I hear alot of good things about them.

Jay had really bad gas, as soon as we switch to a differnt brand formula he was fine. Enfamil gave him gas it didnt matter which one we used they all gave him gas. If you are comfortable useing a different formula I would try that.

You could also try not shaking the bottles stirin instead. To prevent bobbles. Or premake and let them sit to also prevent bubbles. Pedi said the air bobbles would give him extra gas.

• The mylicon drops work good for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you shake your bottles? We got the Dr. Browns formula mixing pitcher last week and have noticed a huge difference already. It's kind of a pain because now we have to wait for bottles to warm up instead of mixing on the spot, but it's worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I seem to of tried everything and W still has the toots. I would def premix the formula. That helped a little bit.  The mycelon didnt do anything, but people do swear by it.  Maybe your pedi could recomend something too.

Good Luck!

• We had that problem too.  We switched from Similac Advance to Similac Sensitive for Fussiness and Gas, used mylicon drops and used the Dr. Brown bottles.  He seemed better in just a few days.  That started at about 12 weeks.  He is now almost 16 weeks and is much less gassier.  Could be that he just outgrew it.  We aren't using the mylicon drops that much anymore and he still seems fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"