North Carolina Babies

What in the world? PT related

I put Maddie down at about 8:30 tonight. At 8:50, she started yelling that she needed to go potty. So I ran in and carried her to the potty- nothing. She always goes immediately. If it's a false alarm, she usually says "no teetee"  or "all done."

I kept asking her if she was done and she said no. I tried taking her off the potty a couple of times and she FREAKED out. So I sat with her (in silence) for 10 minutes. Then I left the bathroom for another 10 minutes and she sat in there by herself. Nothing.

I carried her back to bed sobbing and saying "I need to go teetee" over and over. I let her do that for about 1 minute, then went back in and told her we were going to the potty, and I was going to count to 10, and then we were going back to bed. Again, nothing, although she is not freaking out anymore. 

What in the world? Why would she feel the urge to go so strongly if she doesn't need to go? I feel so bad for her,  but I can't let her sit on the potty all night long either!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What in the world? PT related

• Has she ever had a UTI? That's the only thing I could think of. Poor thing - hope it's over & done with!
  • I thought the same thing.  It sounds like a UTI.  Well, at least that's how I feel when I have one.  I hope she feels better!
  • Loading the player...
  • If not a UTI, could as easily be a random 2 year old thing.  Liam has been coming up with random dramatic stuff like this lately, especially when it means stalling from bedtime.  Hope she got settled down and sleeping peacefully!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, she went back to sleep after the 2nd time. I woke her up to take her potty at about 11 before I went to sleep, and she went right away with no problem. Same with this morning. It's a mystery!

Rachel, I thought that too at first, but she really wasn't trying to talk to me or laugh or any of her usual "I'm so funny I'm stalling" techniques. So weird! I just hope it doesn't happen again! 

She did have an accident on Tues (first in a loong time), so maybe she was just extra paranoid about not wanting to wet her pants?

• I'd see how she reacts over the next day.  Natalie ended up having a UTI when she started doing something similar although one minute she'd go to the bathroom fine without compliants, and then the next time act all panicy, etc. 

But with Natalie, she's the queen of delaying going to bed by using having to go potty so it was really hard to tell what was a delay tactic and when she really had an issue.

I hope it was just a fluke moment for her!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was thinking UTI too.  Or maybe constipation?  Has she been pooping ok?  When DS gets constipated, it makes him feel like he needs to pee all the time and also causes accidents.  I took him to the pedi the first time it happened b/c I thought he had a UTI and it ended up being constipation (I have an xray to prove it).  He had been pooping, but just tiny little poops, not his normal ones.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"