Secondary IF

Oh goodness, this might be going a bit too far....

My acupuncturist told me today that our last 3 sessions, she really feels like we have my kidney-adrenal stuff under control (also evidenced by bloodwork), and that my liver qi seems to be doing much better, too (as evidenced by my mood and other things), but now what seems to be holding me back is gut issues. And it's TMI to tell you exactly why I think she's dead on.

She wants me to start some new herbs (fine). And get back on my healthier diet of veggies, fruits, and whole grains that I'd been on forever, but occasionally slip off, like the last month or so when I've been really busy in evenings with music (of course, fine). Then she said, she's getting a read that I have a dairy and soy issue. So she wants me to try to go a month on the herbs and cut.out.dairy.AND.soy.

OMG, are you kidding? A day without cheese, milk, or yogurt is a day without sunshine for me!  And when I have intentionally cut out dairy over my own suspicions about this, what have I replaced it with? Tofu and soy milk!  So here we go. I'm going to give myself until Tuesday (when the herbs come in) to try to get myself down to one or two dairy/soy a day and see what happens.  

The sad thing is that I suspect she may be right.  Today she worked extra on gut issues and I already feel better. I hope I'm not *that* susceptible to suggestion....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oh goodness, this might be going a bit too far....

• Cutting out soy and dairy is incredibly hard.  I had to do that with Charlie b/c he was allergic to everything as a baby.  Everything has milk or soy in it! 

I wish you the best as you try but suggest maybe you want to do a little research before jumping in and maybe make a trip to whole foods b/c I know they offer special dairy free tours of their store.

Good luck to you!

• That would be very brave and bold of you.  I always trust my gut, so I say give it a whirl.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a dairy, soy, egg, and gluten/wheat intolerance. I have been living allergen-free for about 2 years now. It's hard. Really hard. But it's worth it because it will make you feel so much better.

If you can tolerate them, you can try vanilla rice milk, almond milk, or coconut milk. Almond milk actually tastes really really good (but can be hard on the gut - I can't have it). As far as the cheese goes, I can't really help you out there - there's just no good replacement :(. You may find that goat cheese doesn't bother you or that you can tolerate very old, dry cheeses (like parmesan).

Good luck!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• It is hard, but doable.  I have been lactose intolerant for about 12 years now.  So going from drinking milk and eating pizza and ice cream all the time to stopping all that cold turkey was tough.  I now drink lactose free milk, have lactose free/soy ice cream once in a while, and try to stay away from stuff made with cheese/cream (or I pay for it later). 

I say try it and see how you do.  Like Kelly said, go to Whole Foods (even Trader Joe's has some stuff).  You can do it!  Wishing you the best of luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • That would be so hard for me!!  I am a Milk-oholic! 
    DD: Grace (8/19/2007)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD: Harper (11/27/2011) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmandaMacD:
    That would be very brave and bold of you.  I always trust my gut, so I say give it a whirl.  Good luck!

This! I am sure there are plenty of substitutions, right?

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagejen-dale:

imageAmandaMacD:
    That would be very brave and bold of you.  I always trust my gut, so I say give it a whirl.  Good luck!

This! I am sure there are plenty of substitutions, right?

I agree!!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • Good luck!  I had to give up milk and soy when B. was a baby and I couldn't believe how many things had soy in it.  I can't remember now if I felt better or not. 
    Trying to conceive #2 since Oct. 2008 BFP 6/14/11, 7/5/11 - Gestational Sac measured 7 weeks 6 days, Baby measured 5 weeks 6 days, No Heartbeat, 7/11/11 - Missed Miscarriage confirmed, 7/18/11 - D&C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"