Georgia Babies

Would you have your kid sleep in the basement tonight due to storms?

We have a guest bedroom in the basement. I'm wondering if I should throw a waterproof mattress cover on it, move the bed rails down there and let ds sleep in the basement tonight. Dh and I would be in our bedroom (two floors above) but he's a good sleeper and we'd move the video monitor down there. WWYD?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you have your kid sleep in the basement tonight due to storms?

• YES! I would have everyone sleep in the basement. DH is traveling and I am planning on having all of us sleep in a space under the stairs. I have already setup pillows, blankets, helmets and portable DVD players. Oh and a little food.  I get so scared with this stuff so I am not taking any chances.
  • Oh and our dog will be in there with us too.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekbrickell:
    YES! I would have everyone sleep in the basement. DH is traveling and I am planning on having all of us sleep in a space under the stairs. I have already setup pillows, blankets, helmets and portable DVD players. Oh and a little food.  I get so scared with this stuff so I am not taking any chances.

Really?! Geez you guys are freaking me out. 

• If you are so worried to move him to the basement, why wouldn't you and DH move down there too?  Just curious! 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • My oldest son sleeps on our lower level/basement/den. His room is actually a bonus room and has no windows. Perfect for tonight. We have a sofa bed in the den down there but there is a sliding glass door too... so I will have the kids in Kosi's room with an air matress to keep them from the door.  
    Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • I would. If we had a basement, we would all be sleeping down there.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If we had a basement, we'd all sleep there.  I'm not scared of storms, but I am scared of the 100 year old giant oak tree that would completely demolish the house if it fell.
  • kegkeg member

imagecare99:
    If we had a basement, we'd all sleep there.  I'm not scared of storms, but I am scared of the 100 year old giant oak tree that would completely demolish the house if it fell.

This is the reason we're going to move to the basement this evening....I'm not scared of tornadoes, but we have tons of trees around our house and I'm afraid of what happens if one fell. 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• We would move down there if we went under tornado watch. I guess I was just trying to figure out whether to put him down to sleep there or just move him if it gets bad. We decided to put him down to sleep there and we will just sneak in an join him and won't have to wake him later if necessary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"