Maryland Babies
Options

Daycare in Laurel Area

I'm looking for a day care (not in home day care) in the Laurel/Burtonsville area. Any suggestions?

Re: Daycare in Laurel Area

• Options
    I should have added it is for an infant and three year old.
  • Options
    DS is starting at Knowledge Beginnings on Montpelier Road later this month. I've visited tons of places in the Laurel/Columbia area and really loved this center. I am not sure if you'd like something a little farther south though... They  take infants as young as 6 weeks, I think.
    image image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto Knowledge beginnings.  We are using them in August and loved them out of all the places we looked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Did any of you ladies happen to check out the Fulton/Maple Lawn location of Columbia Academy?... I'm also just beginning my search for child care options in the North Laurel/Scaggsville/Fulton/South-Columbia area (my baby is due at the end of September). 

Columbia Academy, which is located very close to Knowledge Beginnings, posts its infant rate online as $1499 per month.  Do any of you know what Knowledge Beginning's rate is? Just from looking at them both online (I haven't taken any tours yet), the centers' programs seem very similar. Any opinions regarding CA vs. KB?

(I wish I would have seen this thread a month ago when it was created, but I hope you guys are still around to respond... I'll start a new thread if I don't hear back from anyone.) Thanks for your help and good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Junebride, we're looking at daycare in the exact same area Smile

I haven't done a whole lot of research and I know it's something I need to stop slacking on.  I'm not due for another 4 months, but I know spots can book up quickly.  I called Knowledge Beginnings and was told that the infant rate was $365/week.  I think that kind of scared me from calling any more providers because I was kind of in shock.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options

@camden: I called Knowledge Beginnings just yesterday and got the same rate info that you did, PLUS the staff person (Melissa?) told me that the rate was going up soon.  Geez.

Yes, I'm still in shock too!..., but for an infant, it looks like we might not have much choice than to pay this kind of money. The good thing is that after 2 years, the rates go down... That'll be like getting a pay raise ;-).

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"