Georgia Babies

Brookhaven Childcare

I am looking at options for childcare in the brookhaven area. Anyone have any sugggestions? I am going to look at Brookhaven UMC Child Development Center but would love some other suggestions.

Visit My Blog:>Suddenly Parents:>

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Brookhaven Childcare

• kegkeg member
    It's a little further north on Peachtree than Brookhaven, but I'm a big fan of the Elaine Clark Center. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Sign up now because everything around here fills up quickly, especially for the infant rooms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved Brookhaven UMC, but my son (who is getting close to 2) is still on the waitlist from when I was 4 months pregnant.  Just wanted to give you a heads up before you get your mind set on it.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Childcare in t eh area is crazy.  I went on the Brookhaven UMC wait list at 5 weeks pregnant..and we still aren't in. I even work for a Methodist organization and that didn't help things. The younger spots just get taken by siblings. We ended up going with a nanny.

Another one to look at - haven't visited but heard decent things - is Brookhaven Christian - https://www.brookhavenchristian.org/bcc/ChildDevelopmentCenter.aspx

What part of Brookhaven do you live in? There are a bunch of us in the area!

Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Thanks! I think we may go with a nanny too, but we still aren't sure. We in in Drew Valley

• Also on the waitlist at Brookhaven UMC.  Have you looked at North Buckhead? I imagine Wieuca Baptist also has a big waiting list.

It's probably out of your way, but we are at Briarcliff Daycare  and are happy with the infant program (on Briarcliff btwn Clairmont and N.Druid)

• imagekatgracenugget:
    Thanks! I think we may go with a nanny too, but we still aren't sure. We in in Drew Valley

I'm in Brookhaven Fields - one neighborhood up..We are by the sand volleyball courts on N. Druid Hills. I have a few friends in Drew Valley; Your neighborhood is having a baby explosion!

Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • imageNozzeFS:

imagekatgracenugget:
    Thanks! I think we may go with a nanny too, but we still aren't sure. We in in Drew Valley

I'm in Brookhaven Fields - one neighborhood up..We are by the sand volleyball courts on N. Druid Hills. I have a few friends in Drew Valley; Your neighborhood is having a baby explosion!

I know! I see babies everywhere and I have several friends in the neighborhood and I feel like we are all competing for spots!

• imagekatgracenugget:
    imageNozzeFS:

imagekatgracenugget:

I know! I see babies everywhere and I have several friends in the neighborhood and I feel like we are all competing for spots!

We are also in Brookhaven Fields and there are tons of babies here too - Nozze, you are next :) I have a 3 week old and a 3 year old, you will be in good company with lots of babies around Katgracenugget!

• imageandrea922:
    imagekatgracenugget:
    imageNozzeFS:

imagekatgracenugget:

We are also in Brookhaven Fields and there are tons of babies here too - Nozze, you are next :) I have a 3 week old and a 3 year old, you will be in good company with lots of babies around Katgracenugget!

Cool! I was going to go on meetup.com and see if there were any moms in the area I could meet and then I realized the bump probably had a local board too :)

• Andrea922  said "Nozze, you are next :)"

Oh goodness - since I have 5 friends currently due with in 2 months of each other..and it seems most of the ladies in our neighborhood just had their second.. I think you might be right. But no news yet...not sure I'm ready for the whirlwind of 2 under 2!

Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • imagekatgracenugget:
    imageandrea922:
    imagekatgracenugget:
    imageNozzeFS:

imagekatgracenugget:

Cool! I was going to go on meetup.com and see if there were any moms in the area I could meet and then I realized the bump probably had a local board too :)

I am part of a meetup group in Brookhaven/Buckhead (I started it and then passed it on) and lots of us are just having second babies, so there are babies in it. Check meetup for Brookhaven SAHMs. There are about 50 members I think!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"