Preemies

what were your babies weights at 7 months?

our girls were born at 34.3 weeks weighing in at 3, 10 and 2. 12.

They are now 2 days away from 7 months and weigh close to 12 and 13.

Is this good? I mean they are doing great. Trying to crawl and getting so chatting and active.

I hate to always compare, but you moms of preemies know how we always worrying about our babies falling behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what were your babies weights at 7 months?

• Thought this might be helpful since my DD was born at 33w6d and weighed 3lb 12oz :)

Birth: 3lb 12oz
    3 Weeks: 4lb 3oz
    1 Month: 4lb 12oz
    5 Weeks: 5lb 10oz
    7 Weeks: 6lb 0oz
    2 Months: 6lb 8oz
    3 Months: 7lb 4oz
    4 Months: 8lb 0oz
    5 Months: 10lb 0oz
    6 Months: 11lb 8oz
    7 Months: 12lb 14oz
    8 Months: 14lb 10oz
    9 Months: 15lb 1oz
    10 Months: 15lb 10oz
    11 Months: 16lb 8oz
    12 Months: 17lb 8oz
    18 Months: 20lb 0oz

DD's big milestone at 7mos was learning to roll over both ways. Sounds like they are definitely on track to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • My son was born at 30 weeks weighed 2lbs 10oz at birth and is 7 months actual and weighed 18lbs 10oz when we went in the dr office last week. Girls may be different and I think the genes have a lot to do with it. My son's father is 6'3'' 230lbs and i'm 5'6'' and around 140lbs. He is going to be a big boy! We always said that, even when he was 3lbs in the NICU and his shoulders and knees were huge for his little body.
    Mom to former 30 weeker born early to Pre-E. Now happy, health and growing at home!
  • Loading the player...
  • Aw Shannon thank you so much! That chart makes me feel like we are doing good! I really try not to but I always worry b/c I just want our girls to always be ok. Thanks for the info.

Sjones I think you are right about genes. I'm 5'3 and like 135 lbs and DH is 5'7 and like 150 lbs. We aren't big people so that probably plays a part.

Thanks ladies I feel better!

• imageMeL2185:

Aw Shannon thank you so much! That chart makes me feel like we are doing good! I really try not to but I always worry b/c I just want our girls to always be ok. Thanks for the info.

Sjones I think you are right about genes. I'm 5'3 and like 135 lbs and DH is 5'7 and like 150 lbs. We aren't big people so that probably plays a part.

Thanks ladies I feel better!

Ooh, that's a very good point, and one that kept coming up in DD's doctor visits - I am 5'1", DH is 5'7", and our siblings and parents all range from 4'11"-5'8". We were all "normal" sizes at birth, but none of us were preemies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • My DD was born at 33w 4d and at 7 months she was around 15lbs. She was just started to roll then.

• Development wise we are definitely on track. we were rolling at 5 months but of them within a week apart. now they are trying to crawl and sit up!

They are just skinny little peanuts! :)

• Sounds like the girls are doing well. Hang in their Mama. I know it's so hard not to compare. I know myself I have issues with what my child does and what her peers do. I know she will do it in her own time. *hugs*

• Each baby grows differently but if your gut is telling you that something is wrong get it checked out. From what I read about the posts here all the babies are doing awesome.

I don't remember the weights but my neice who is 7 weeks older and was born full term  and she weighs less then my DD born at 35 weeks. At birth she was a pound more then my DD but comparing the 2 my DD has gained more weight.

My niece up until about 10 months old looked like she had a baby eating disorder and was very low in weight but the pediatrician (the same one we were going to which is no longer happening) said oh since she's hitting her milestones she's ok.

My SIL and Bro went on a vacation and my SIL had to pump, this is when my niece was I believe 8 months old and SIL could only get 2.5 ounces at most per breast. So at her 9 month she finally said something to the ped. and he kept saying she's fine but will refer her to childrens of milwaukee to make sure. Well Childrens was livid how small she was and what she was supposed to be eating. They put her on a high fat diet that included every 3 hours, breast feeding, 5 ounces of formula and solds.

She is finally now on the growth chart at her 1 year checkup. My DD at 10.5 months still weighs more and is taller then she is. But thats ok.

I posted this because I know we have preemies but even full term babies have issues. I was worried my DD was only in the 15th % for her weight at 9 months but when you looked at the chart of a 5 week old younger baby she was at the 50%. If your worried have your ped show you what your baby would of been at his/her full term age.

• My little lady was 6 months on Sunday and at her 6 month apt on monday, she was 15lb. She was born at 34w3d.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • ShannonSky-It seems like our daughters are on the same path.  My daughter was born at 33 weeks, 4 days and was 3lbs 13oz. 

8 weeks- 5lbs 15oz

6 months-11lbs 3oz (0.24% on the growth chart)

9 months-13lbs 12 oz (0.31% on the growth chart)

1 year-16lbs 7 oz (0.65% on the growth chart)

I do believe that genetics play a large part.  It probably wasn't until my daughters 15 months appointment where the doctor said that she would probably be tiny based on the size of myself and my husband (he is 5'11" and only about 145 lbs).

• I forgot to say....I'm really starting to accept that every child does things at their own pace.  I worry about every milestone and then realize afterwards there was no sense in worrying.  My daughter turned 17 months on 4/24 and just starting walking in the past week or so!
  • I'm not at 7 months yet but here are my LO's stats, born at 36 weeks. 

Birth:      5lb, 3.6 oz

1 month: 7lb, 4oz

2months:8lb, 10oz

3months: 9lb, 10 oz

4months: 10lb, 12 oz

According to kellymom, her weight gain should be about a half pound a month from now on so she might (random prediction coming) weigh around 13 lbs at 7 months.

I, personally, weighed 16 lbs at a year, so who knows!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"