Georgia Babies

High Chair recomendations

So James is going on 10 months old (and 24 lbs). After using the bumbo, we went with the Phil & Ted's MeToo chair. I love it. We take this thing EVERYWHERE and use it in the house. But our table isn't the best for it since it has a beveled edge. His weight now needs the full edge. There are bigger clip on chairs out there that would work with our table. Anyone have any person experience with them?

Or any other recommendations for a high chair. I really LOVE him being right up to the table. I'd rather not have a separate tray contraption type thing. Can you use the space saver high chairs with out the tray right up to the table or do the kids have to be older? I've thought about the Trip Trap too, but if the child uses them for years and years and years..do you just get a second one when you have another baby? A lot our friends have their kids in boosters by 2..so we are only looking at a year or so of needing something.

So confused. I just love having him right at our table with us. At least I'll still have our MeToo when eating out and traveling!

Our Photo Site
James - July 4, 2010
Sam - June 21, 2012

Re: High Chair recomendations

• We've had Brady in his booster that sits on top of the regular chair since he was that young.  You can leave the tray off and push him right up to the table if you want.  We do it both ways because sometimes it's just less messy to use the tray.

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • I did a search for "restaurant wooden high chair" on ebay and got one for $25.  It's pretty nice.  We haven't used it yet because I'm still liking Emma having a tray, but it pushes right up to the table.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Get the Tripp Trapp. We love, love, love it. It is worth it, and we will move Finn to a regular seat when we move Lila to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Putting Geneva in a booster in one of our dining/kitchen table chairs wasn't an option because they're mid-century design. They just weren't made for that. Nor were the tables made for supporting the clip on seat. We opted for a convertible seat and I have loved every single minute of it.

Geneva started sitting in it at about 5 months and still sits in it today. It was expensive, but worth every penny. 

Hilo Chair

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Love our IKEA highchair.  It is so easy to clean, cheap, small, and lightweight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewar_eagle:
    Love our IKEA highchair.  It is so easy to clean, cheap, small, and lightweight.

Ditto this. And too it's such a bargain! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imagemyrall:

Putting Geneva in a booster in one of our dining/kitchen table chairs wasn't an option because they're mid-century design. They just weren't made for that. Nor were the tables made for supporting the clip on seat. We opted for a convertible seat and I have loved every single minute of it.

Geneva started sitting in it at about 5 months and still sits in it today. It was expensive, but worth every penny. 

Hilo Chair

We also have the Hilo chair, and I have to agree that it's worth every penny.  It's super easy to clean and I suspect Rowan will be sitting in it until she's around 4.

Our chairs are upholstered, so a traditional booster just wasn't an option for me.

I bought our Hilo from Albee baby, using a discount code, and saved quite a bit of money.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'll go check some out this weekend. Sounds like I'll avoid getting another clip on chair!
    Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Bailey went from the bumbo to the fisher price booster seat https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Deluxe-Booster/dp/B0000DEW8N This is kindof like it but ours came from target for $20. Now Bryce is in one. It's easy to clean and take off the chair plus we can take it with us.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We love our Fisher Price Space Saver - it converts into a booster afterward, too.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• we love our trip trap, especially that it becomes a chair.  but at 10 months evie started sitting in a booster.  
  • imageDaisy22:
    Bailey went from the bumbo to the fisher price booster seat https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Deluxe-Booster/dp/B0000DEW8N This is kindof like it but ours came from target for $20. Now Bryce is in one. It's easy to clean and take off the chair plus we can take it with us.

We have used this chair for both our boys since about 7 months.  It pushes up to the table well.  For the first we used the tray more often, but learned with the second it was not really necessary.  These are durable, easy to transport (we have stuffed it with clothes and packed in many suitcases) and they lasts as they grow.  My oldest is almost 4 and we still use it.  We have a counter height table and I feel better with them strapped in at that height.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"