Special Needs
Options

The Listening Program

Who has used this?  What are your thoughts/feelings?  What is you LO's dx, if any?  Any know how I can purchase/borrow/rent this for signicantly less than $900?

My almost 4 yr old just started The Listening Program at his school and he really, really likes it.  He says it makes him feel happy and they are seeing some improvements in his day after he does it.  But then when we have vacations or even long weekends (lots more coming up) it is like we start all over again.  His OT has talked about maybe trying to let me bring it home, but I am afraid that something will happen to one of the CDs.  He is on the AS, but as he gets older I am thinking that it is all more sensory related and his biggest sensory issue seems to be auditory.  I would like to do it at home, but just can't spend that kind of money.

Re: The Listening Program

• Options
    I'm interested in any answers also. DS2 has CP.  We haven't used it but his cranialsacral therapist sells it or uses it or something.  I know she has something about it in her signature on email.
  • Options

This seems to be one of the topics of conversation lately...there are some interesting earlier posts...one almost entirely about audiologists and the other that touches on CAPD.  

Auntie, in particular, has shared some real life experience that has been quite useful in trying to figure all this out- especially, if all the audiology treatments are even worth it.  In fact, one of her examples was what you wrote.  That if there are any improvements, they are very short-lived.

FWIW, my son is dx ADD but in my gut I feel like a lot of his learning issues stem from a problem with auditory processing....

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We've used the EASE listening program and several others.  We found it VERY effective with my son.  For him it did several things:  stopped demyelination, strengthened his core, helped regain his speech (also a myelin issue for him), calmed him with noise and motion sensitivities that were both severe.  We also used it on our daughter who had some mild sensory issues and we no longer see those (she also did 3 sessions of OT though too).  We used it for quite a long time on both of them and then slowly weaned off. 

As for dx, my ds had a severe vaccine reaction.  My dd does not have a dx and had mild sensory issues.

We got a lot of questions of the listening program we did so I asked our OT to write a blog post about it.  She goes in to great detail about what it is, why it works, how to use it, when to use it and the programs/equipment.  You can read that post here:  https://thestradtnerfamily.com/findingournewnormal/?p=176

• Options
    ps - what I liked about EASE is that I could taylor what we were seeing in him to the songs he listened to.  If he was having certain issues I had a list of what helped what so it wasn't just a shot in the dark.  I'm not sure if other programs do that but I am guessing they do.  Just something to consider.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"