Blended Families

Phantom, etc. (Ireland questions!)

Hey ladies,

My DH is traveling in Europe for work next month so we are going to meet up in Ireland.  Flying into Shannon and leaving Dublin.  I'll only be there 2 full days.  Any things that we must do (besides the Guinness brewery!)  We will have a car for transportation! 

Thanks in advance :o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Phantom, etc. (Ireland questions!)

• FloF9FloF9 member

Take me with you!!!!

Your pooch is ADORABLE!

• :) I am so grateful that his company has such lax rules on flying spouses, etc!!

Puppy is precious, I will admit... his eyes melt my heart, but he is SO stubborn! haha, is this preparing me for kids?????

• Loading the player...
  • If I were you, I'd spend a day in Dingle and a day in Dublin.
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagefellesferie:
    If I were you, I'd spend a day in Dingle and a day in Dublin.

I guess.  I do love the west cost and Kerry is beautiful BUT...

you would have to drive from Shannon to Kerry (Dingle is in Kerry) - bout 2.5 hrs.  

Then from Kerry to Dublin - bout 5 hrs.  

Seeing as you only have 2 days I would do Galway on west coast and Dublin on East Coast.  I drove back from Galway two weeks ago and it is about 2 hrs to Dublin with the new motorway.  Shannon to Galway is only an hour and it is really lovely.  Galway city is rocking this time of year and the coast is just a lovely as Kerry.  Also you can take a boat out to the Islands or go to Connemara (in Galway) where they speak Irish and are about a 100 years behind the rest of the world lol.

Let me know your dates and I will see if there are any festivals/ events etc.   

• FloF9FloF9 member
    Phantom - You just made me decide the next big trip with DH is going to be Ireland.  Not 2012 but 2013 is certainly a possibility!
  • Thanks for helping Phantom!

We get there on May 21st (at like 6AM) in Shannon.  DH leaves Dublin on May 23rd (about 1ish?) and I stay until the following day. 

So we have:

All day on the 21st, 22nd, and I have all day the 23rd. 

We definitely wanna hit the Guinness brewery and I want to see the ocean/greenery/etc for pics :)

Any help or suggestions that you (or anyone else!) have would be great!

• Westport, Mayo is beautiful. I have family up in Donegal, but that's somewhat far (about 4 hour bus to Dublin, not sure in car). I really want to go to Kerry- we have friends from Tralee. Everything is beautiful, take in as much as you can! I'm jealous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"