Secondary IF

Hello

Hi!

My name is Michele and I need to talk to some other women that are going through/have gone through what I'm going through. I feel like I can't talk to anyone around me b/c they haven't been through what I've been through and sometimes I just feel helpless.

For starters, DH & I have a wonderful son, just turned 3. I've had 2 m/c since DS, the first when he was around 10 months and the most recent was Dec of 2009. I thought that if I went back on bc it would help even out my hormones or might help with something. So back on bc I went. Now we've been trying since Oct 2010 to get preganant and nothing. OB said I could not go for testing until we've been trying for a year with nothing or I had another m/c. Every cycle when AF arrives, I can't help but feel helpless & worthless. This feeling lasts a couple of days, but then I decide to get back up on the bike & try again.

Now my bf is pregnant with her first and I'm happy for her, of course. And then it seems like everyone & their aunt is expecting on FB and then all these helpless feelings come flooding back. I think I've decided to take a break from FB for a while.

Anyone have any advise/tips on what to do while you have to wait before any testing would be done? should I see another doctor? I love my OB...I don't know, I just want answers.

Thank you for any insight, just feeling a low & need someone who knows what I'm going through.

Married July 2006

MC Feb 2009 8 weeks

MC Dec 2009 8 weeks

MC Oct 2013 8 weeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hello

• Welcome to the board!  I am sorry you are going through this.  It definitely can bring up a lot of negative emotions.  I totally understand how hard it is when everyone around you is pregnant.  That is how I feel too.  My BF is also pregnant and we were trying to get pregnant at the same time.  We both have DDs and they are only 6 weeks apart so we thought it would be awesome if our #2s were close too.  Obviously she got pregnant and I didn't. 

As for what you can do now, have you been charting at all?  If you chart and notice a pattern that would show you are not ovulating or have a short luteal phase your ob might go ahead with testing.  Fertilityfriend.com is a great site for this.  How many more months do you have to try before it is a year?  If you really want to get things started, you could go to an RE.  I think they are usually more apt to test than obs, especially if you already think there is a problem.  The only problem is that if your insurance doesn't cover IF it will all be out of pocket with an RE. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome! I know a ton of people who are preggo right now too! I am so happy for the ones that plan, but the people who weren't planning or didn't really want to get pregnant really effect me.

If I were you I would either get a new OB or start seeing an RE.  Two mc and TTC for as long as you have been warrent some testing and peace of mind. My ob started testing me 5 months after we were ttc. Our problem has been that I haven't started ovulating after nursing a year. Maybe you are having the same problem because of your mcs and bc. Good luck to you and I hope your stay is short!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board....I am sorry that you are going through all of this...I feel as though it is completely normal to spend a couple of days upset when AF shows up.  M next things would be what kind of insurance do you have?  I have a PPO and I was able to go to an RE at anytime I wanted to. So, if your insurance allows and you do not need a referral, I would recommend starting to see and RE as soon as you are ready.  I hope you are able to get some answers :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies! What is a RE? A reproductive Endo?

I was charting, I have the My Days on my phone, but I felt like maybe I was thinking about it too much, so I stopped charting, Everyting seemed fine when I was charting. I was thinking about starting to chart again this cycle.

Married July 2006

MC Feb 2009 8 weeks

MC Dec 2009 8 weeks

MC Oct 2013 8 weeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, an RE is a reproductive endocrinologist.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"