Georgia Babies

Does anyone have any experience with Plato's Closet?

I have a ton of name brand clothes (banana rep., gap, french connection, j. crew, limited, loft, express, old navy) that I just cleaned out of my closet.  I was planning on selling them in a garage sale, but think I can get more if I take them there.

I really wish I could fit in them again.  Ugh, it's so sad to see them go.  : (

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does anyone have any experience with Plato's Closet?

• Sean and I both have sold clothes there a few times (was a few years ago though).  For things that I didn't care much about and just wanted out, it was fine.  But don't expect to get too much there.  Both times I was surprised with the stuff they wanted and they things they didn't.  They picked stuff that I thought they would probably give back.  They were pretty picky too.  I'm sure it just depends on who goes through it too though.  I remember thinking some of the nicer brands I had didn't matter.  It was more than they wanted trendy, teeny stuff.  You might do better selling them as a few different lots on ebay.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Don't expect much. And it's crazy what they take but don't take. You'll have food luck with jeans usually.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have taken bags of name brand clothes there and they havent taken anything. It all depends on which location and what time of year it is. 
  • imageseansgirl2006:
      Both times I was surprised with the stuff they wanted and they things they didn't.  They picked stuff that I thought they would probably give back.  They were pretty picky too.  I'm sure it just depends on who goes through it too though.  I remember thinking some of the nicer brands I had didn't matter.  It was more than they wanted trendy, teeny stuff.  You might do better selling them as a few different lots on ebay.

ditto this.  I took a ton of stuff when I was like 24 years old, and all they wanted were my hootchie shirts that I used to wear to frat parties.  They gave back all sorts of Banana and Gap stuff, which surprised me.  I think I made like $2, lol.

• Well crap.  Oh well, it's worth a shot, right?  I hate to just let the clothes go, but I honestly can't see myself fitting in size 4's or 6's again.  : (
  • Before we had children and were actually instyle and cool we took a basket full of clothes and they only wanted like two things.

If you like to dress in tiny tops, itty bitty skirts with lots of lace and your hubby likes metalic shirts then go for it.  If not, you would be better going somewhere else.

• imageMrs.Guz:
    Don't expect much. And it's crazy what they take but don't take. You'll have food luck with jeans usually.

This. Usually I'm happy to walk out of there with $10 and a few less items from my closet. The stores I've been to in GA and FL have never accepted my Loft stuff. It's hit or miss with The Limited stuff.

• Do y'all have an Uptown Cheapskate?  It's a sister company of Kid to Kid consignment.  One just opened in Augusta and it looks like they are a little higher end and more young adult-adult clothes to me than Plato's Closet. 
  • I took things there once and never will again. I got so little for the clothes I would rather just donate them to the battered women's shelter. If you are interested in donating that way let me know. There is one in our area that will pick the clothes up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ditto everyone else.  I took a bunch of really nice brand name clothes from Banana Republic, J Crew, etc., and they didn't want them because they were "too old".  Hahahaha.  They just want hoochie teeny bopper stuff.  
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Hey! What do you have in a size 4? I'll buy some stuff :)
  • Try Alexis' Suitcase instead.  They take pretty much everything I bring in every time, and are much more "grown up" than Plato's.  Locations in SS and John's Creek.  www. AlexisSuitcase.com 
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"