April 2011 Moms

Anyone else feeling weepy?

I can't stand it! I cry easily for very minor things. I'm just hoping that this is normal and not the beginning of something serious. I know my hormones are probably super crazy right now and between that, exhaustion, frustration with breastfeeding, and just being a new mom, I feel like a ticking time bomb (poor DH).

Anyone else feeling the same?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else feeling weepy?

• um, yes!  I cry over breastfeeding more than anything else (when LO is eating from a bottle, when he screams at me instead of eating, when I talk about the pcos and low supply issue and realize that it is likely not to get any better), but poor DH doesnt know what to do most of the time.
  • I was a few days ago. It's gotten better. I believe the rule is if it lasts 6 weeks call your dr, but I'd call sooner than that. If it is ppd, you want to deal with it sooner than later. But yes, the baby blues are normal and common and last two weeks. Once DS had a good night I suddenly felt a million times better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes - same. I started feeling less weepy around the end of the second week/beginning of third week. Hang in there. :)
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• I cry all the time, when BFing, when reading him a book, when talking about how happy I am to be a mom - it's all happy tears for me though!!  I'm sleep deprived and insanely hormonal, but so happy every single second.

• Yes. Very. BFing is one of the biggest reasons (I really dislike BFing but I have no plans to quit) but I also feel suuuuuper clingy to my DH so being away from him or not getting to go to bed with him completely sets me off. 
  • Hang in there, Mama. I was a weepy, crying mess for the first 2.5 weeks. Then it started to taper off. I still cry uneccesarily during Baby Story, watching sad commercials, and reading books to my babe. But I know this is just my new Mama-weepiness (we're turning into softies) and not whatever craziness was going on in my head the 2 weeks after Elodie was born.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yep, over how much I love him, over how blessed I am, and just now over the super cute couple on the voice!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I cried multiple times a day for the first two and a half weeks. Then, suddenly, I got a lot better. Hang in there. I felt like I would never stop crying. But I havent cried in two days and feel much more cheerful.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Thank you for the reassurance ladies. I'm glad to hear that there's light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully it'll get better soon.
  • Oh gosh, yes! I thought pregnancy crying fits were bad but they're so much worse now. Thankfully MH has been very understanding, I don't think I would be coping as well as I am w/o him.
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've had some weepy days.....totally normal.
  • Oh yes! Crying here too! :-)
  • I am soo glad I saw this thread...I have just not been feeling right this past week and I hope it's just Baby Blues and not something more serious. I am full of anxiety and worry about things that I can't really control or things that are far out into the future. Ugh. Hoping it subsides soon :(
  • I cried everyday for the first 2 weeks. I still cry at night when she won't sleep and occasionally during the day over the stupidest things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I Bump from my phone 90% of the time, with a baby in my lap, so please excuse my bad format and poor spelling and/or punctuation.
  • I've been having a lot of happy tears (baby story, writing in our baby journal, watching DH with her), but I've also had some sad tears too. My MIL is overstaying her welcome at our house and now that my DH is back to work, I feel really smothered and cling to him the moment he gets home.  I cry sometimes because I can't take another minute of hovering or of her grabbing at the baby. I'm sure it will pass soon, especially once she finally leaves, but I think it is our hormones that do us in. Hope you start feeling better soon! 
  • I was seriously just considering posting about this.  I'm glad to hear that it's normal.  I thought it was getting better, then DH found out he probably has to travel to Germany for work next week, and I had a total meltdown.  I also cry over happy/sweet things a lot as well.  Hopefully these hormones will level out soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"