Infertility
Options

Intro

Hi, I have been wavering back and forth about where/when I should post.  I have come to the conclusion that it probably belongs here.  Here's a little background, Hubby and I got married on 07/04/10.  I was dxed with PCOS and Hypothyroidism in 2005, I take metformin and synthroid.  We sort of figured I would have trouble conceiving so we jumped the gun a little.  I went off BC in Jan of 2010 and we started ttc in May of 2010.

2010 brought 4 periods total, 2 trips to the ER with burst ovarian cysts, a dx of endometriosis, an hsg, and a laproscopry to remove said endometriosis.  At my post op appt I mentioned that I had only received 1 positive ovulation test since starting to test in May.  At that point the Dr. wrote me a script for clomid.  I called a month later because I still had not received my period and was put on Provera.

Started Clomid in February, I am now on my 3rd cycle on CD 21 with a positive OPK on CD 17 and the worst ovulation pain I have ever had on CD 18. Has anyone else had terrible pain with ovulation on Clomid?

I went to the gyno last week, the clomid has me ovulating so he is hopeful. I have 3 more rounds and go back in July for the referral to the RE.  Hubby has to get a SA if this month doesn't work. It is nice to be in a place where others are going through similiar things.  It is hard going to work every day (I am a speech pathologist in an elementary school) and being around all these pregnant women (8 in the past year alone!).

TTC since 05/10

Dx: PCOS,Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, elevated prolactin

Surgery: Laproscopy 12/15/11 to remove Endo, 8/12/11 to remove 7cm cyst and cauterize 4cm cyst

April 2011 - Clomid 50 mg round 3 - O'd CD 18 BFP 5/2 C/P 5/10

RE Consult 06/02/11, Sonohystogram - clear, DH SA - great! HSG all Clear.

Meet up with RE for plan of attack 10/25: 2 natural rounds and then onto clomid

CD 21 BW shows poor ovulation, November 2011 Clomid 50 mg round 4 - BFP on 11/30 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome to the board!  If you saw your gyno last week, I assume you are being monitored with being on clomid?  Make sure you are.  Clomid is a serious infertility drug that can cause many issues if not properly monitored.  Hopefully you won't need to see an RE and will be pg before July!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It was a 3 month check in/yearly.  If you mean via ultrasound then no I am not being monitored. He has me charting my cycles and using OPK's to track when/if I ovulate.  Is it normally pretty standard to have ultrasounds and be tracked when on Clomid?  None of my friends/family have been through this and only 1 of my co-workers.

TTC since 05/10

Surgery: Laproscopy 12/15/11 to remove Endo, 8/12/11 to remove 7cm cyst and cauterize 4cm cyst

CD 21 BW shows poor ovulation, November 2011 Clomid 50 mg round 4 - BFP on 11/30 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most OB's don't monitor with clomid but really really should.  They prescribe it like they are candy.  Monitoring on Clomid is extremely important as I am sure the other girls on this board will inform you of also.  Clomid can cause, besides the little side effects like hot flashes, hyperstimulation which can cause numerous issues.  Look through this board, as well as Trouble Trying to Get Pg, to find more information on clomid, there has been a lot of posts regarding this medication and many ladies have posted links to find out more information on monitoring.  I don't want to scare you but I do want you to be careful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageTrish11278:
    Most OB's don't monitor with clomid but really really should.  They prescribe it like they are candy.  Monitoring on Clomid is extremely important as I am sure the other girls on this board will inform you of also.  Clomid can cause, besides the little side effects like hot flashes, hyperstimulation which can cause numerous issues.  Look through this board, as well as Trouble Trying to Get Pg, to find more information on clomid, there has been a lot of posts regarding this medication and many ladies have posted links to find out more information on monitoring.  I don't want to scare you but I do want you to be careful!

This exactly!  Clomid can be dangerous if you aren't properly monitored.  Most importantly, welcome to the board!

TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
  • Options

Agree with all pp!

See Clomid warning in my siggy.  If you have had issues with cysts in the past, I would want to be EXTREMELY cautious with Clomid.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    imagepennylanehd:

imageTrish11278:

This exactly!  Clomid can be dangerous if you aren't properly monitored.  Most importantly, welcome to the board!

Ditto and ditto.  I hope you are able to get to an RE to get the proper monitoring and your BFP!  Welcome!

TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the info.  I have done some research on my own but went along with the Dr. knows best thinking anyway.  If it goes to next cycle I will be sure to self advocate for monitoring.  I am still having some left sided off and on pain since Saturday (the day I ovulated) but it is minor compared to  complex cysts/burst cysts that I have dealt with in the past. I will give it a day or so to see if it resolves before I call the Dr.

TTC since 05/10

• Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!  I'm sorry you are having a tough go and I'm sorry you're currently in pain...I hope your dr can give you some answers if it's still there in a couple of days.

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"