Alabama Babies

Moms of toddlers: a swimming question

Last year we had one of those float rings that has the canopy on it and she sat in it.  We are heading to the beach in a few weeks and I am trying to figure out what to get Aubrey for the pool this year.  I don't think she'll stay in the same float that we had last year.  I saw a little life jacket type thing in Target, and she falls into the weight category for it, but I don't know if that's what she needs or what. 

What kind of flotation device do y'all use with your toddlers?  

Re: Moms of toddlers: a swimming question

• I bought a puddle jumper for this year. We had a life jacket last year. However, it would always flip her on her back and it would make her mad...but definitely kept her head above the water:)

• I got a traditional lifejacket for M & we were fortunately able to use it for 2 summers {since he's been slow on weight gain!} but he HATES it. It definitely worked well though and I wouldn't be concerned about safety with it, but for the beach {not on a boat like we were...} I might opt for something constructed differently as a PFD? 

• Loading the player...
  • Last year I just held her, or put her in a float.  For this year we bought a puddle jumper like Brooke mentioned.  I saw some other kids use them last year and they seem great!
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Rats!  I was all excited to look at the puddle jumpers but it seems that they start at 30lbs.  Sarah is only 20 :-(  I guess we'll stick with our float from last year.
  • imagekkh2002:
    Rats!  I was all excited to look at the puddle jumpers but it seems that they start at 30lbs.  Sarah is only 20 :-(  I guess we'll stick with our float from last year.

Hmm if they start that high we are out too...Aubrey is only 23lbs.  

I'm mainly looking for the pool purposes...I'm not planning on getting out in the ocean with her, just doing the wading thing.  My inlaws have a pool that she'll be getting in some over the summer as well.  

• What exactly is a puddle jumper? I don't think I've hard of it before.

We need something for our beachtrip next month too. But, K is still only 25 pounds, so I don't know what options there are. Last year we got her a bathingsuit with built in floats in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• I am so glad someone mentioned the puddle jumper. I had to look it up to know what it was but had seen kids wearing them last year.

Thanks ladies! This is what I plan to get for Lyla this year. Where did you get yours from?

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:

Thanks ladies! This is what I plan to get for Lyla this year. Where did you get yours from?

I got Allie's from Amazon.  It was $5 cheaper there than at Target and if sign up for Amazon Mom, you have free shipping.

BTW, Allie is only 25 lbs, but I plan to try it out.  It's not like I ever leave her side in the water anyway.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Thanks!

I signed up for Amazon Mom because I heard it was the cheapest place for diapers. However, diapers.com seemed cheaper to me. Maybe I am missing something?

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:
    !

I signed up for Amazon Mom because I heard it was the cheapest place for diapers. However, diapers.com seemed cheaper to me. Maybe I am missing something?

I think it depends on the product, and the current offers from diapers.com.  We ordered pampers and huggies overnites for Allie earlier this week.  I just added those same items to my cart on diapers.com.  My total was $15 cheaper on Amazon, and the cases of diapers had more in them than those on diapers.com. 

The real way to save on Amazon is everytime that you order, click the "Subscribe & Save" option.  It is usually like 30% off.  After you order, you can go in and cancel.  We do this every single time we order.  Also, you can sometimes find Amazon diaper coupons in magazines.

• imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:

Thanks!

Ditto Rory, make sure you are looking at the price after the Subscribe and Save discount is added. And you should have free shipping in the beginning with Amazon Prime . (It extends your Amazon Prime for longer  the more you buy.) Right now I pay $16 for an 84 count of Pampers. :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought mine on clearance from Wal-Mart.com last year.....
  • As far as the amazon mom program, definitely use the subscribe and save because it's a lot cheaper that way! '

We get free shipping, 30% off, and on top of that we stock up when the baby magazines have special coupons. (ie, in February and march there were 20% off and $10 off coupons that I stacked. During those months I bought about 10 HUGE boxes of Pampers for only $3 a piece. I'm talking boxes with close to 300 size 1 diapers, more than 200 size 4 diapers. We are already stockpiling diapers for #2.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"