D.C. Area Babies

Flying Alone

I have two family reunions in Ohio the same weekend.  Normally, I would just drive out and back.  However, I'm taking a grad class this summer at Longwood, and I have class from 9-5 on Thursday and Friday before the reunions.

I just checked SWA, and I can fly to CLE round trip from BWI for $140.

How feasible is it for me to park etc with DS who will be 22 mos at the time.  I don't need to take a car seat with me because my mom has one.  I figured since the flight is only 1 hr, I can put him on my lap...

If the flight leaves at 9:45, what time would I need to get there....so that i can park take shuttle etc and get to concourse on time...

Re: Flying Alone

• I think it would be completely manageable (not that I have ever done it alone though).  I would highly, higly recommend Preflight parking (https://www.preflightparking.com/).  I use them everytime I fly out of BWI and love it.  It's right next to the airport and the shuttle picks you up at your car (as opposed to long term parking where you need to find a stop.  On the return trip, I think the longest I've waited is maybe 7 minutes to get a shuttle back to the car.  Make sure to make a reservation and print the coupon from online for a discount.

Southwest has a brand new terminal at BWI, and it's fairly close to the ticketing place--the furtherest gate may be a five minute walk.  If you use preflight, I would plan on arriving there at about 8:20 at the latest; for long term parking, I would arrive by 8 p.m.

The only thing I think that is tricky about BWI from here is traffic--you just never know how long the trip up 95/295 is going to take.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"