January 2011 Moms
Options

Housework Blues

I'm feeling a little down about maintaining the home. I don't know how to fit in all the cleaning, cooking, laundry and take care of DD. Do you and your SO have set roles? Or do you each just fill in the gaps and get it done? So far DH has been great about cooking, cleaning, and helping with DD. He works full time and I go back in May. Please share what works for you. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Housework Blues

• Options

www.flylady.com

She can be really pollyannaish and jesusy, but I found her 'do one thing at a time' and 'you can do anything for 15 minutes (or 10 or 5 or 2)' mantras to be very, very helpful, even before I had a kid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do pretty much everything. He is in charge of the trash (we live in an apartment so it's a PITA for me to do it) and putting away his own laundry (I wash, dry, and lay it out on the bed). I do most of my housework when he is home because during the day I'm either playing with/tending to LO, or she's sleeping. She has some magic ability to know if I'm in the room or not... the second I get up and try to do something, she's awake. If I sit on the couch or computer she will sleep for hours. I feel bad that I don't do more during the day, but I do what I can. Sometimes the house looks like a wreck, but I think it bothers me more than anyone else.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am feeling the same way! I went back to work two weeks ago and I feel very overwhelmed:(

• Options
    I have a chore list and 1 thing gets done each day (basic stuff, like vaccuum, bathrooms, bills, etc.). Laundry & dishes get done everyday. My H takes out the garbage and that's it. I have cleaning ladies that come once per month to do the heavy duty cleaning (I should be embarrassed that I only dust once per month and it's not me that does the dusting!)
  • Options

DH and I share in all the chores and taking care of DS.  I BF though so I have to feed him in the morning and evening and pump at work for his daycare bottles.  The things that we find have been put on the back burner are vacuuming and dusting.  We are lucky if we can get those done every 2 wks.  We dont have a big house either!  Its hard enough staying on top of the laundry, dishes and day to day wipe down/organization.  It wont be forever though so we make do.  DS is getting more and more independent but there just isnt enough time in the day. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"