St. Louis Babies
Options

baby furniture

Does anyone have a recommendation for a place to buy baby furniture. I went to Treasure Room for my last baby and refuse to go there again. Thanks!

Re: baby furniture

• Options
    Oh no! Do you not like Treasure Room? We haven't been shopping yet for our nursery but were recommended to go there by a couple colleagues. I haven't gotten any other recommendations yet to pass along - just wondering if you had a bad experience with them. 
  • Options

The furniture was great, but it took forever to come in and customer service is terrible. We were supposed to get our furniture last January and it did not come in until April. I was due in May and was very nervous that I would not get it on time. It had to be sent back twice. One time, my husband took off work because they said it was in and they did not let us know until that day that it was not ready. When we finally got it, they let us know that they no longer carried the mattress we ordered. It was a huge headache dealing with them. A neighbor of mine had a similar experience. If you do decide to go with them, I would order at least 6 months in advance.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, wow! That is really good to know. We are already almost 4 months, so waiting 6 months for furniture would be less than ideal - ;) Thanks for the info! 
  • Options

I bought my furniture at Treasure Rooms and had a great experience. They told us the order would take at least 12 weeks and we had it a couple weeks early. I like supporting a local business and really was not happy with the service we were getting at BRU. 

Have you looked at Good Night Rooms on Doughtery Ferry? They are south of 270 at Big Bend. They have a nice shop but much smaller selection displayed in the store than Treasure Rooms. I have not heard any feedback on their delivery times but I would assume they, like Treasure Rooms, are at the mercy of their suppliers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We also purchased from Treasure Rooms without any problems. I found some stuff at JC Penney that we liked too and it was very reasonably priced. I wouldnt purchase the stuff from BRU personally. We got our recliner from them and it took forever. When it finally came in, it was the wrong chair and we had to start the process all over again. I think they are overpriced for what you get too. You could check out the cribs and changing tables at Target too. It all depends on your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"