January 2011 Moms
Options

Baby and mommy check in

How are you all doing.

I'm am very excited that Jay is getting close to four months. I cant wait to start solids!!! He met a whole bunch of family today and did very well considering he only took one nap all day and it was only an hour long :(

I wore my moby at the families and I loved it it was so convienent and comfortable.

So jay is doing great!

I am also doing very well. I went back to work a few weeks ago. It is going great but I miss bieng home with LO all the time. School is almost done yay.

I am also loving that I am about 16 weeks PP and still no signs of AF. Considering we FF i was excepeting her to come early. Big Smile

Enough about me....How are all the other January babys and mommys doings...

Re: Baby and mommy check in

• Options
    I am in the same boat as you! Sophee turns 4 months in a bout a week and half. She is growing so fast. I got my period at 6 weeks and we are FF as well. That is pretty long time without period. However, I am annovulatory (don't ovulate) so I have to take BCP or provera to menstrate. I am on BCP right now. Check with doc and see what is up wth no AF (not that you miss it Wink).
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Isnt the Moby a life saver! I take it every time we go to our friends house because if I let her take a nap in my arms or her car seat, their 2 year old will run up and try to hug her resulting in a melt down...not fun!  She knows now that when "Emmy is wrapped we shhhh!"  I got AF as soon as I stopped BFing and I'm supposed to get it today but I forgot to take out my BC this morning, so I'm sure it will come as soon as I take it out. 

E officially has a HUGE personality.  She likes to show off her leg strength (and incoming TOOTH!)  by standing on your lap, getting right in your face, and going "hhhaaaaaaa".  Yes, I said incoming tooth.  We went to the pedi last week because E had a weird sore on her tongue and while we were there it was confirmed, E is teething Big Smile  Tonight for the first time she put herself to sleep!  It's to hot to swaddle so I tried holding her to get her to sleep like normal but every time I moved she woke up.  So, I figured her crib wouldn't move, gave her the paci and zebra, turned on her sleep sheep, and laid her down.  I rubbed her head for about a minuet until her eyes started closing a little bit, kissed her goodnight, and left the room to see if she would really go to sleep...she did!  No crying or anything.  Our LO's are growing up way to fast!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Shi-monster (as well call her) is doing great.  From her rolls upon rolls you would never know she came out at 5 lbs 3 oz.  She is probably 12 lbs now, still on the short side and with no neck (lol). She has started blowing raspberries and enjoys "talking" to us, especially when we answer back imitating the same sounds she is making, which delights her to no end ("hey, they understand me!!").  She will have lengthy conversations with us like this.  I'm adjusting to life as a working mom, started back on March 30.  I miss my LO, but my work days pass quickly, I am still pumping to EBF, and all is going well with that.  She will give us a 6 hour stretch of sleep and then goes back to waking every 2 to 3 hours...so depending on when we have to get up, it's two or three times awake at night.  She will eat in less than 5 minutes though and go right back to sleep, so I can't complain.  When we first brought her home it was a 45 minute process to feed her and get her back down.  Time flies!!    

• Options

I'm still home with JT...and I'm thinking I might stay put! I have leave until 5/31 so I still have a few weeks to decide...but it's looking good so far.

JT is EBF and that's going great - I pump once per day to have bottles for relief for mommy. He too used to take 45 minutes to eat but now we have it down to way less. I also get a 6 hour stretch of sleep then about 3...and during the day he eats every 2 hours. HOWEVER, my trouble is getting LO to nap. He's not a good napper - maybe 20-45 minutes at a time about 3 times per day which is not enough. Not sure how to make this better???? He's still getting swaddled and in the RNP - wonder if a transition to the crib would help...not sure. 

I think that he's starting to teethe. I don't go to pedi until 5/6 so I'll find out then. He loves to be out in the stroller and maybe I should get a moby!! We use the Ergo but only a handful of times.

As far as milestones - he's talking like crazy, just started to giggle, and we're waiting for him to roll over but he hasn't yet. He's really growing out of his newborn look and into his baby look and I love it! 

• Options

My LO is doing good right now considering he has a cold, He is a great boy, seems to be easy. He just discovered that his feet can reach his mouth today and is having fun with that, LOL. He is doing great STTN I love it, makes my days easier. And it almost sounds like he is trying to repeat everything we say over and over to him, it's soooo cool.

I'm doing ok, back to work, been working since March 7th. He is doing well with staying with Grandma in the mornings if my H is working or my H needs to get things done around the house. H and I have colds as well right now, grrrr. Haven't had my period yet so waiting for that "fun" day to arrive. I'm pretty much tired all the time tho ready for that to be over, don't know when that's going to be, LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are doing great!  (Even thought Emily born in late November, my due date was in Jan and so I still consider us in the Jan mommies group- we always got so much good info and support throughout pregnancy with this board).  Emily is so much fun.  I am a SAHM now and am loving it.  I still teach, but now it's 1 night a week at college for a teacher prep course.

She is getting to be so interactive now.  Her smiles melt my heart every time.  I love all of her fun new sounds and squeals.  She is starting to roll a bunch now.  Can't do tummy to back, but has back to tummy mastered.  

We are teething- tons of drool.  Picked up some cute little drooler bibs off of Etsy to help out with that- they work great and don't cover up her whole outfit. ;-)  Her favorite toy is that plastic giraffe (cannot believe that such a simple toy- that looks like a dog toy could really be her favorite!), so happy I saw so many comments about that toy on here! 

We are still EBF.  That's going well too.  I am constantly trying to build up my freezer stash.  No idea why but I just love adding bags to it.  Anyone else have this urge to continue to build a big stash?

We are still cloth diapering.  I'm so happy I tried it and have been extremely happy with it.  Emily was CDed from the beginning (even at the hospital!).  I am enjoying answering questions about CD as I haven't run into many others who do it around here.  They are always impressed with how easy it is.  We now have an entire stash of pocket diapers (Rumparooz) and they work the best for us! 

She's down for her morning nap now.  We have been regulars at a Stroller Strides exercise class near our house and have met some great new mommy friends through that.  I really recommend Stroller Strides if you have one in your area- so fun and has helped me shed some unwanted post-baby weight!  

Thanks for the check-in post- it's always fun to read what others are up to!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I cant believe how fast time is going by! We are all doing GREAT!!! I love my little princess!

• Options

We're doing great! H will be OOT when she has her 4 month appt (hopefully we'll get the go ahead on solids, at least cereal) and I'm torn on if I should wait for him to be home for her first time or if I should just go ahead and try it.

I quit BF 2 months ago. I really struggled with the decision at the time, but I couldn't be happier now.

DD is growing great - 2 feet long and 15 pounds! She's recently mastered rolling from back to tummy. She loooves sleeping on her side now that she knows how to get onto it :)

We had a wonderful Easter. My sister came down with BIL and their dog. A has never seen a dog before, so that was cool seeing them interact. The Easter Bunny brought A a jumperoo and she loooves it already.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"