Georgia Babies

Are there days where you just don't feel like picking up?

I mean, everytime I turn around there is something.  Whether it be the toys, magazines that the monster ripped up (yes,he still does this)  tupperware, etc. it is constant mess.  Ugh.  I'm leaving it tonight.  I just don't have the energy.  I hope no one comes over tomorrow, ha!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are there days where you just don't feel like picking up?

• Everyday! LOL  Most days I make myself at least put the toys away and the dishes in the sink so if someone came in the kitchen wouldn't smell bad and would look ok and they wouldn't step on any toys.  There is at least one night a week where I say, 'forget it' and go to bed. :)
  • That will be everyday. LOL! We decided, it's pointless to pick up Friday night coz the kids will go back at tearing things apart Saturday morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Absolutely!!!  It's also another reason that I'm loving the fact that we renovated the basement to make it the playroom.  Less of a war zone in the living room!  :-)
  • We have a play room...but the kids don't use it. They would rather be upstairs and make the mess. I straighten up constantly because the mess drives me crazy. And I can't sleep if I have to wake up to things all over the place.
    Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • Almost every day.  Most days I force myself to get it done. But some days I look at the playroom disaster and just don't have it in me.  

I'm with Karin though, I hate to wake up to a mess.  So that's why most of the time I force myself to finish the clean up.  

• My problem, and it is a big problem, is that I pick up everyday, but it isn't enough.  I do laundry every day, but I hardly make a dent in the amount that needs to be done.  It's very overwhelming to me.
  • Yes.  When Adam was that age one thing I did that helped was put away about 1/2 of his toys.  Honestly, all he was doing with them anyway was throwing them around the living room.  I rotate them out ocasionally and this has helped for me.  I also live in a very small space so I didn't have room for everything.  It makes clean up much easier.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes. Everysingleday. Thank goodnes my husband is the neat freak in the family. I don't complain about other things not getting done because he keeps the house clean and the dishes done. Amen.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish I had help.  I am like you Karin and Michelle, I can't sleep if I know there are dishes, toys etc. everywhere.  And I hate having to TELL DH to help, can't he see the mess too?!
  • imageally-cat:
    And I hate having to TELL DH to help, can't he see the mess too?!

No he cannot.  I swear my husband has blinders on and has a dull humming in his ears.  Like a radio station with no signal.  He is oblivious about it all.  I've learned to be specific about what I want.  Very specific.  

• imageally-cat:
    I wish I had help.  I am like you Karin and Michelle, I can't sleep if I know there are dishes, toys etc. everywhere.  And I hate having to TELL DH to help, can't he see the mess too?!

ditto Michelle.  Joey's idea of cleaning is making stacks and piles of stuff  around the perimeter of the room.  Not actually putting things where they belong.

• Everyday! And I don't even work! But I HATE waking up to a messy house so I force myself to clean most nights. If nothing else, at least the kitchen
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.Guz:
    Everyday! And I don't even work! But I HATE waking up to a messy house so I force myself to clean most nights. If nothing else, at least the kitchen

I have to give props to my husband.  I cook, he cleans the kitchen.  And he takes out the trash. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"