Snarky and T-TTC

Need Help: Poll

In my blog.

The insurance actually did come through with approvals in time for this next cycle, BUT did not approve ICSI and Assisted Hatching, which my RE ALWAYS does. I'm looking at $3500-$4000 for this one cycle, including the cost of COBRA. Better than $15K, but still steep, considering our income has been cut by 50%.

But the worst part is that I had already mentally started to move on/heal. Do I want to go down this road again? UGH. I hate IF

Re: Need Help: Poll

• Hey stranger. I say you need to do what you feel is best, and what will leave you with the least regret. If you don't try again, will you look back and wonder what if, and kick yourself for not trying again? I'm sorry you're put in this situation.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hey Dip!  Just read your blog.  That is great news about the approvals.  But crazy that your life has once again been thrown into a tail spin.  My thought?  I would do this cycle.  If you don't, you will always wonder what if.  I know you have made all those other plans to travel and see your mom, but would you really be able to relax and enjoy it knowing you had this opportunity and didn't take it?  I don't want you to have one single regret.  WHATEVER you decide, I support you one hundred percent!!  I'm here if you need anything.  ((BIG HUGS))
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted "yes" because of what you wrote this morning about not being ready to give up hoping to carrying your own child. I know it's great that you've come to the place you are at now, but it's only been 10 days, and that doesn't seem long enough to me to "know" you are ready to move on.

Sometimes it helps me to analyze how I feel in my gut about a decision - does the idea of moving on and not doing the IVF give you a sense of relief, or put a knot in your stomach? And what about going ahead with another round? (of course, I could see both decisions making you feel both emotions!)

But, ditto pp about it being your decision and we will all be here to support your decision!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMainer-in-Texas:

Sometimes it helps me to analyze how I feel in my gut about a decision - does the idea of moving on and not doing the IVF give you a sense of relief, or put a knot in your stomach? And what about going ahead with another round? (of course, I could see both decisions making you feel both emotions!)

But, ditto pp about it being your decision and we will all be here to support your decision!

This is how I think I'd make the decision. Go with your gut/heart. Usually I'm a pros/cons list maker, but when it comes to a decision like this, I think you have to go with your heart and not your head. If you can swing the costs, then I'd just try to focus on how you feel when you think about giving it another shot. Do you feel better when you think about trying again or do you feel better with the decision to focus on other things for now? 

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • I'm still so torn. H wants to do it if I want to do it, which isn't helping. I think the money is a huge issue to me because H is unemployed again. I just know if I go for it and go out of pocket (a big portion would be on credit because we don't have the cash) and it doesn't work, I'm going to be devastated on multiple levels. At least if we make the decision to move on, it was our decision, you know? I hate this. I'm a wreck.
  • Hey lady --

I would do, as others have mentioned, do with what will leave you wtih the least regret.

Will you look back and wish you went forward with this next IVF?

I hate IF and what it puts us all through.

Good luck! xoxo

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• I also think you need to go the route that will leave you with the least amount of regret.  We will be here to support you in whatever route you choose.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • I agree with the others. If you feel like you will look back and regret not going ahead with the IVF then I would do it. If it were me I would go ahead with it, but I can totally understand why it's such a tough decision. Do what's right for you. ((hugs)) and lots of luck!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Fuuck. Shiit. Crap.

Here we go again. Found out this morning that we can sign up for COBRA with just me on the policy, saving $500. H is on board. I guess we're doing it. Ack.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what I'm going to do. I will be royally pissed.

• imageSerendipitie:

Fuuck. Shiit. Crap.

Here we go again. Found out this morning that we can sign up for COBRA with just me on the policy, saving $500. H is on board. I guess we're doing it. Ack.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what I'm going to do. I will be royally pissed.

I am excited for you, Dip!  We will all be here cheering you on. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • imageSerendipitie:

Fuuck. Shiit. Crap.

I'm holding a worlds load of positive thoughts for you!!!  I have everything crossed I can possibly cross for you that this will work!!!   Let all of us be your positive energy!!!

• Dip, I am so excited for you that you decided to cycle.  And yay for the extra cost savings!! I have everything possible crossed that this is your miracle.  We are all here for you every step of the way and sending all our love and support!!!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yay Dip! This IS going to work! I just know it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"