Georgia Babies

Really hard end of pregnancy

Hi girls,

I'm really struggeling now with this pregnancy.  I guess I was really lucky with Adam and the end wasn't too bad at all.  I ended up in L&D last Tuesday in preterm labor, but the good news is the massively painful contractions I keep having don't seem to be dilating me at all.  The bad news is every night they start around 10 and last for a few hours and of course my stomach is so upset its all I can do to get toast down during the day.  I will do anything for a healthy baby, but the thought of 6 more weeks of this makes me want to cry.  Did anyone else have a hard time at the end?  I'm now seeing the doctor every week and taking it easy to be on the safe side, but the lack of sleep and constant sickness witha toddler at home is rough.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Really hard end of pregnancy

• I did.  I wasn't pukey like you but I had pretty bad pre-e and felt like overall shiite. Hang in there, the end is in sight.  Just try to get through one day at a time, take on any help that is offered and get all the rest you can.  Easier said than done, I know. 

• I did, just keep on keeping on. It's tough but, the end is in sight. Don't hesitate to call your Dr if things change. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have friends or family that can help? If someone offers to take Adam for a little while, let them. They wouldn't offer if they didn't mean it. I hope you start feeling better and can get some rest. I had to take Ambien for the last 2-3 weeks of my pregnancy with Owen because I had such horrible insomnia. It was prescribed by my OB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the feedback.  It makes me feel better at least knowing I'm not the only one.  I have lots of help with Adam on the weekends so that is great (both sets of parents are great, but live about an hour a way) and I have a babysitter for 1/2 day during the day while I work.   I may ask my OB about ambien.  I guess being a 2nd time Mom and knowing that I'm going to get no sleep once Ansley gets her make me really want to be able to get some before she gets here.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • yep I started at 33 weeks with DS #2 and ended up having him 36 weeks and a day.  I know exactly how you feel but all the complications that could happen with the baby has to get you through it.  Just try to keep yourself busy as you can.  Healthy baby is the best!
  • I'm 34 and 4 today and I'm also having a hard end. I went into preterm labor and dilated 1cm, stayed in L&D for 2 days due to decel in baby's heartrate at 32 weeks and received the steroid shots just in case he came early. Things improved and I'm home now, but on bedrest Sad I have contractions everyday and it hurts when I walk so I feel your pain. Anyway we only have a little while longer so try to hang in there and I will too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • I was miserable at the end. All the vomiting came back, I had to start taking my Zofran again. I also started taking a cool bath at night just to get the weight off my body, and that helped me get at least one decent stretch of sleep.

Sorry you're having a rough time  :-(

• I totally feel your pain. I've been in and out of the hospital the last few weeks and now I have 2 to 3 doctors appts each week with at least 2 ultrasounds. So hang in there your not the only one in this fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"