Baby Showers
Options

A couple questions about my upcoming shower

What should I be doing as guests arrive?  My mom and MIL are the hosts and we are having it in a smaller banquet room of a restaurant (room capacity is 75 ppl if that gives you an idea of size).  It's an entirely open room, so when guests enter thru the doors they will see me basically immediately.  My mom got an adorable keepsake guest book and she's going to have guests sign as they come in, should I be up by the door or as people come in should I stand to greet them individually or allow them to come up and approach me?  It's a fairly large shower, we are expecting about 40 ppl, so it will be a little difficult for me to greet each person as more and more people arrive and are talking to me. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A couple questions about my upcoming shower

• Options
    Once the first couple people come in, you'll probably be talking to them, and as more people filter in, start making your rounds and try to talk to as many people as you can.  You don't need to do a "receiving line", so to speak, but you should try to mingle and move around as much as possible.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I don't think you need to meet every person as they enter, but you should make an effort mingle and talk to every person. Just keep it brief and keep moving group to group. People will understand that you can't stay and have a long conversation.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    Once the first couple people come in, you'll probably be talking to them, and as more people filter in, start making your rounds and try to talk to as many people as you can.  You don't need to do a "receiving line", so to speak, but you should try to mingle and move around as much as possible.

This exactly.  The only time you might feel awkward is when you are standing there waiting for the 1st couple of people to arrive and you have no one to talk to.  After that, just go with the flow and mingle as much as you can.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"