High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Negative FFN and NO bed rest....anyone?

I see so many of us have such different Dr.s and I was wondering if anyone who gets a negative FFN doesn't have to be on bed rest? Mine have been negative so far and I'm still on bed rest. I have 4 weeks left until they will take me off =) Anyone here not have to be on bed rest if their test comes back negative?

Re: Negative FFN and NO bed rest....anyone?

• Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

I've been on modified pretty much the whole time (since discovering my short cervix at 17 weeks...).

Last week, when my fFN test was negative and the MFM released me, they said I could "increase my activity." No real definition except that my OB said I can go out a bit more to do short errands, eat, get a haircut, etc.

I am hoping to be off completely at 34 weeks (assuming my next fFN is negative as well......it was negative last week....)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've had two negative tests and I am on 'half-day' bed rest.  Like PP said, it depends on why you are on br to begin with.  I was having pain and effacing at 26 weeks.  On the positives for me, I have had two full term pregnancies before, which leads my doctors to believe that it's possible again.  If it's your first pregnancy, they don't have any history to rely on. 

I'd ask at your next appointment.  Maybe they can give you some clearer parameters?  My OB was very concrete which was helpful (wake up, out of bed for one hour for shower and breakfast, back to bed, etc).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had negative ffn's since 22 weeks but was on strict bed rest until 29 weeks.  My doctor determined that I could do more after my internal, before we knew the ffn results.
  • Options
    I was on bed rest with DS #1 b/c of a short cervix and delivered 3 days before my due date. All my FFN's were negative with #1. This baby I was put on bed rest at 19w4d b/c of the same problem and my cervix has since gotten longer. Last time it was 3.2 and they moved me to modified bed rest. All of my FFNs this time have been negative too. I just wish I could do more for my 20 month old =(
  • Options

Negative FFN's have never changed my bedrest restrictions/status.  They just say "well, that's good news" :) and we continue as usual. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejerol:

Negative FFN's have never changed my bedrest restrictions/status.  They just say "well, that's good news" :) and we continue as usual. 

Same here.  Last appt I asked if we should do another FFN.  She said no.  She said that her plan of treatment would not change regardless of the result of the FFN, so in her opinion, it didn't make sense to even do more.  She said that regardless of the test result, I'll be on bed rest until I'm full term.  Tongue Tied

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same here.  Negative FFN and on modified bed rest.  My doctor seemed to really believe in the negative FFN so I asked if its so reliable then why am I on bed rest.  He basically laughed and said nothing in this world is 100%.  He did seem to act like he may take me off soon since my 2 week window would put me at around 36 weeks.  I'm still having contractions, but apparently they are not the kind that actually cause labor just lots of pain for me.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"