Hawaii Babies
Options

is this the infamous growth spurt???

DS has been wanting to eat every hour it seems and wanting to eat anywhere between 2-3 oz in a sitting...sometimes he wants 4! He is also super fussy and doesn't want to sleep during the day or night. He spits up but its nothing abnormal where I think its reflux or anything. I feel so bad as I feel I'm not able to help him and all I want to do is cry. Please tell me this is a phase and it will end soon :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
| Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
| Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |

Re: is this the infamous growth spurt???

• Options
    Yep, we went through the same phase. It's normal. Hang in there mama!
  • Options
    Good! I'm glad its not something else. I always feel like I'm over feeding him, but he just wants to eat all the time! Can't wait until it passes :)
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah it sounds like it.  Unfortunately, just when it passes, you'll be ready to hit another one in a few weeks.....  Hang in there, mama!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto to PP, it's totally normal.  LO would eat and eat and eat... I felt the same way you did.  They hit these milestones often and it seems as soon as you get used to something they switch it up again.  The first month is definitely the hardest but you're doing an amazing job girl!  Thinking of you *hugs*
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Options
    E was still drugged up on morphine at 2 weeks, so i'm no help, but i do remember him nursing every hour a few weeks later - maybe the 6 week growth spurt?  I was freaked out about my supply, but everything worked out.  it's just a phase, and it will pass.  it sounds like you're doing great, hang in there!
  • Options
    It will end soon! Luckily also, the subsequent growth spurts are not as bad as the first one, so hang in there and at least you know your little boy is growing strong with all that feeding!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    hang in there, it's a phase!  But it will happen from time to time when growth spurts occur!
  • Options

definitely a growth spurt! hang in there and hopefully by now he has slowed down some

btw - your siggy pic is just ADORABLE!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"