Parenting after 35

The France trip

I'm glad we went.  It's heartbreaking that my FIL died the day before we got on the plane, but I'm so glad Margaux could lift everyone's spirits.  

The trip there was rough.  The total travel time was a bit over 20 hours, and Margaux decided to have an awful time on the longest flight, from LA to Madrid.  She was crying and carrying on for hours.  It turns out she was sprouting a new tooth, poor sweetie.  I will say having her own seat with the car seat was a huge relief.  

While there, she picked up sooo many new words!  I was amazed.  Mostly food words, which is pretty awesome.  She ate everything except the whites of hard-boiled eggs and cod (she really didn't like the cod) and, while she stuck to me like GLUE, she didn't cry at anyone for no reason.

She looooves the ocean. 

Anyway, sorry it's so quick and truncated, but there's where I've been the last two weeks.  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: The France trip

• Welcome back to the US.  I wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss again. Also I can't imagine that long of a flight with a little one. But I'm sure you are glad to be home and sleep in your own bed.

Do you have some pics of M and the ocean? I'd love to see them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad to have you back, Amy, though I'm sorry your trip had to be a sad one.  Sounds like Margaux made the most of the visit, and was a real spirit booster. 

So, are those words she picked up French or English?  I wish I was fluent in French (was nearly there once, but have lost much due to lack of practice)... I am going to try reading to Milo and singing contines (and get some cds and videos so he hears the correct sounds) just so he's exposed. 

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome back! Hooray for M being a ray of light!
  • Glad you're back but so sorry about your loss.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Glad your back and that M helped to lift some spirits! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"