Houston Babies
Options

Any recs for an inexpensive car seat?

I'm probably going to buy one for my parents to keep at their house. Obviously I don't want to sacrifice safety but I don't need all the bells and whistles since it will only be used when C and I fly up.

Re: Any recs for an inexpensive car seat?

• Options
    My mom has an evenflo symphony that we like but not sure how cheap it is. All the carseats have to meet safety guidelines and tests so I wouldn't worry too much about which one she gets.
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    if you want to get a convertible, the cosco scenera is a great second seat, and it's cheap. It can be used from 5 lbs up, and target sells them so you could put her in it and try it out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember reading a few reviews where the Cosco Scenera was the highest rated inexpensive carseat. It was the one I suggested to SIL to get for her car since DD won't be in her car often enough to justify a Britax though MIL got a Britax too but that is because they have DD in their car quite a bit.
  • Options

imagemelrrr:
    if you want to get a convertible, the cosco scenera is a great second seat, and it's cheap. It can be used from 5 lbs up, and target sells them so you could put her in it and try it out. 

That's probably perfect so it can be used for any other babies!  We will look at it today!

• Options

You can get the Safety 1st alpha Omega convertible seat at Costco for around $90. You won't have to buy any car seat, or bumper seat later on. 

We waited for a Costco coupon and got ours for $70 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagenewinhouston:

You can get the Safety 1st alpha Omega convertible seat at Costco for around $90. You won't have to buy any car seat, or bumper seat later on. 

She was just looking at this one. She works in jcp's home office and gets a discount. It's on jcp's site for just under 100 now
  • Options
    We use the Scenera as our 2nd seat in DH's car.
    - Jena
  • Options
    imagenewinhouston:

I have two of these from Kaitlyn... They have been great seats and have held up awesomely.  One is now used as a booster for K, but the other is used for Sam at my ILs.  I bought one at big lots for like 75 and the other at BRU for 90ish.  They have the exact same features, except one is grey/black/red and the other is brown w/ a pink plaid. lol 

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options
    We bought the Cosco Scenera for my mom.  It is very lightweight compared to ours, and still pretty easy to install.  I think it was under $50.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"