Houston Babies

CARES Harness?

We're flying for the first time with DS this week...is the CARES Harness recessary?

We'd rather not haul our carseat with us if we can avoid it too.

I'm trying to decide if I should run out at lunch and pick one up.

Thanks!

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: CARES Harness?

• I'm curious about it too!  I'll fly by myself with both kids this summer and I'm curious if it's necessary for A to have one. 
  • I think it depends on the kid but I know I also feel better having my kid with a chest strap and not just a lap belt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a borrowed one a couple of years ago with my then-18mo DD.  It's a bit tricky and you'll need the cooperation of the person sitting directly behind the seat while installing it.  I think with an almost 3yo it would be great.  My 18mo hated it because it restrained her but an older child might be more cooperative.  It does come with a video that shows you how to use it.  I must confess I didn't watch the video!

• We bought them for our flight overseas, and they just barely fit around the business class seats on our Continental flight--however they were so tight they didn't lie flat against the seat, so it was uncomfortable for the kids.  It's hard to explain.  I don't know if there would be the same issue with a coach seat though. 

Personally I wouldn't go out of your way to get one if it's going to be an inconvenience.  We made a 2-hour flight when Hannah had just turned 3, and it was fine with just the regular lap belt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"