Houston Babies

Potty training success!

We tried the 3 day stay at home underwear method this weekend and it actually worked!! I was determined to get Rena trained right after her 3rd birthday so she can move up to the 3 year class at school this summer. She started to use the potty at school but would never go at home. She always just seemd too busy playing and didn't mind having a soaking wet pull-up. So we tried the underwear method- day 1 she had 3 accidents, day 2 just one, and day 3 no accidents! We did leave for an hour or so each day and I put a pull-up on her but she stayed dry when we were out. DH took her to the park yesterday and she asked to go home since she had to pee!

Just wanted to share that this method worked for us since I know it's been mentioned on here. And I'm so glad my kid won't be going to kindergarten in pull-ups!! ;)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Potty training success!

• Congrats!! We used the same method. Although we had some issues with stubbornness, he hasn't been in a diaper or pull up since we started the 3day training. It's an awesome feeling!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKimmer123:
    Congrats!! We used the same method. Although we had some issues with stubbornness, he hasn't been in a diaper or pull up since we started the 3day training. It's an awesome feeling!

We've also had some stubborness issues! Rena will dance around and hold her panties and tell us she has to go. Then when we sit her on the potty she'll say she doesn't have to go anymore. So we let her get off, keep putting her on, etc. I think she's trying to hold it in as a control thing. But she gets really excited when she does go in the potty and doesn't want to wear a pull-up now. And she's 3 years old so I know she "gets' it!

• Loading the player...
  • That's great!  That is how we plan on doing it with DD when she is ready.  Unfortunately she is definitely NOT ready yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Woo hoo!  go Rena!!!
  • Way to go Rena!  I have wanted to try that method but keep putting it off.  At this point I am worried that it is too close to little sister's arrival to try because I am afraid he will just revert to baby mode anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Way to go Rena!!! Such a big girl!
  • Yay Rena!  Can she come over here and teach my kid a few things??  She's FOUR and still has accidents daily.  I've said it before and I'll keep saying it...PTing is my least favorite part of parenting.  Hate it.  I thought I'd be done by now.
  • imageNanner:
    Yay Rena!  Can she come over here and teach my kid a few things??  She's FOUR and still has accidents daily.  I've said it before and I'll keep saying it...PTing is my least favorite part of parenting.  Hate it.  I thought I'd be done by now.

I'm sorry, that sounds frustrating! DH was just saying last night how he thought PT was the hardest parenting thing we've done so far. I kind of agree but I think going back to work/her starting school was the hardest thing for me. But PT is definitely not easy with stubborn kiddos!

• Congrats Rena!  And Mommy too!

• YAY!!  the cold turkey method worked for us, too... now if i could just brave getting rid of the nighttime pull-ups.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"