Georgia Babies

Britax frontier ?? Again

Gavins head keeps flopping forward when he sleeps. We dont have this issue in the marathon. Any tips? If we can't figure this out do you know if Albee let's you return them after they are opened? Is there another seat that's better or is this just standard w/ these booster type seats?

Re: Britax frontier ?? Again

• My kids aren't big car sleepers, but Colin has fallen asleep in his Frontier several times.  His head just kind of leans against the head insert part.  Do you have it down as low as it goes?  C is tall though-he was 43 inches a few months ago so maybe his head hits the seat at a better angle? 

You could always get those neck roll things they have in One Step Ahead that are supposed to keep the head flopping thing from happening.

• imagecare99:

My kids aren't big car sleepers, but Colin has fallen asleep in his Frontier several times.  His head just kind of leans against the head insert part.  Do you have it down as low as it goes?  C is tall though-he was 43 inches a few months ago so maybe his head hits the seat at a better angle? 

You could always get those neck roll things they have in One Step Ahead that are supposed to keep the head flopping thing from happening.

Gavin started off using the head rest things and looked pretty comfy.  But then once he really fell asleep, his head kept falling forward.  So I don't think those neck wings will help much.  I may try some anyway though.  It is on the lowest setting, but he is very tall- 40 inches.  I think he's just used to more of a recline in the marathon.  I did notice that the actual car seat in the CRV isn't reclined at all- wondering if we could try to recline it and re-install and see if that makes a difference.  But DH says he doesn't think that will work since the frontier is a fixed base.  Ugh... I don't know.  He doesn't sleep in it very often- maybe a couple times a month, so I guess we should just deal w/ it. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageslwprincess:
    imagecare99:

My kids aren't big car sleepers, but Colin has fallen asleep in his Frontier several times.  His head just kind of leans against the head insert part.  Do you have it down as low as it goes?  C is tall though-he was 43 inches a few months ago so maybe his head hits the seat at a better angle? 

Gavin started off using the head rest things and looked pretty comfy.  But then once he really fell asleep, his head kept falling forward.  So I don't think those neck wings will help much.  I may try some anyway though.  It is on the lowest setting, but he is very tall- 40 inches.  I think he's just used to more of a recline in the marathon.  I did notice that the actual car seat in the CRV isn't reclined at all- wondering if we could try to recline it and re-install and see if that makes a difference.  But DH says he doesn't think that will work since the frontier is a fixed base.  Ugh... I don't know.  He doesn't sleep in it very often- maybe a couple times a month, so I guess we should just deal w/ it. 

Um, our Frontier doesn't have a fixed base. It has a thing on the bottom that you're supposed to flop forward or backward according to how you have the child buckled. If they're using the harness, the part flips to the front to tilt the seat back. If you're using the seatbelt, the part is supposed to be flipped to the back. We haven't had any issues with her head flopping forward. The seat's a little more upright than what she's used to, but it's not too bad.

Geneva is 41" and uses the harness. I'm not comfortable just using the seat as a booster yet. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"