Hawaii Babies

He's Here! (LIP)

Hi, ladies. I just wanted to let you know that Miles Oliver was born on April 13, weighing 6lbs 5oz, 19 inches long.

I went into L&D triage on Monday night with abdominal pain radiating to my back. Turns out I had HELLP syndrome. I was already contracting every 5 minutes, and they made the decision to induce me and put me on magnesium. (Mag is the worst thing ever, BTW.) Unfortunately, but not surprisingly considering the magnesium, I didn't progress, and I went to C/S a little over 24 hours later on Wednesday morning at 3:00am.  

Miles' 1 minute APGAR was 1. He had a slow heart beat but was blue with no respiratory effort or movement. He perked up quickly, though, and only spent an hour in the NICU.   

Despite the fact that nothing about my delivery went the way I was expecting, I still had a good experience (minus the mag). I had exceptional care, and I'm very grateful for that. We're both doing great now. Miles is a mellow, sweet-natured baby, and DH and I are enjoying every minute with him. 

Here's the link to our newborn session sneak peek for pics of the little guy: https://eyesmiles.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/04/petit-oeuf.html

I can't believe how much he looks like his dad. It's almost like I had nothing to do with making him. :)

Happy Easter!

Re: He's Here! (LIP)

• Oh my gosh, he's so beautiful!!!  And I love, LOVE his name!  He looks like a Miles.  :)

Congrats, mama!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats, he's gorgeous! I'm glad you had a good L&D experience and can now focus on watching your LO one grow. Our baby inherited all our recessive genes and sometimes people still ask if he's really ours. I love it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations, Kellie!! I was wondering about you the other day - he's beautiful! Glad to hear that you guys are doing well! 

cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Miles is just gorgeous!!!!  I'm sorry delivery didn't go as you expected, but so thrilled to hear everyone is happy and doing well :)  BTW, did you deliver at Rose?

Love the name Miles, it was on our list of names but MH cousin named his son Miles so we had to veto it.  He is just gorgeous girl :) 

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • He is beautiful!  Congratulations!! 
  • Yaaaay congratulations! He's such a cutie and I love the name (Miles and Oliver were both favorites of mine when we were picking names).
  • Oh wow, incredible! He's beautiful and I adore his name! Congratulations mama...glad Mile home and healthy!
  • congrats!! he is so precious.

sorry to hear you developed  HELLP but i am glad that both of you are ok.  hope you are recovering ok from the c/s.

• imageMauiBride2008:

BTW, did you deliver at Rose?

Lindsay, I actually delivered at the University where I work. It was nice, because I knew a lot of the people involved in my care. Did you deliver at Rose?

Rawley is such a beautiful baby. I love your siggy!

• imageHappyGoLuckyGal:
    imageMauiBride2008:

BTW, did you deliver at Rose?

Lindsay, I actually delivered at the University where I work. It was nice, because I knew a lot of the people involved in my care. Did you deliver at Rose?

Rawley is such a beautiful baby. I love your siggy!

Aw, thank you :)  How nice you were able to deliver where you work and able to trust and know people involved in your care were going to do an excellent job!  I did deliver at Rose and everyone was wonderful :)

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • CONGRATULATIONS! I am absolutely in love with his name -- Miles and Oliver are two of my favorite boy names :)

He is such a gorgeous newborn!

• ohhhh...he is just adorable! congratulations! :) 
    **a girl from Hawaii, living and driving in South India**

• OMG!  He is beautiful!  Congratulations Mama!   Miles is on our list too!  It's my DH's middle.  It sounds great with Oliver, great choice!  Glad everything went well even if it wasnt how you expected it to be :)

• oh he is adorable!!!  I love the pictures!  Congratulations & glad to hear mama & baby are home and healthy!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • congrats congrats! love the pics!!! =)

how many weeks were you? yay for such a short NICU stay!!!!

and yeah, mag is the worst. it's probably one of the worst health things i've had to experience. *hugz* for getting through that. i know when you're on it it doesn't seem to ever end. but you got through it! =) how's your bp now?

D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • What a super adorable little guy you have there. Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • congratulations!!  i LOVE his name, and he's beautiful!  hope you're recovering well, so glad you're both okay!
  • imagekinibruin:

congrats congrats! love the pics!!! =)

how many weeks were you? yay for such a short NICU stay!!!!

and yeah, mag is the worst. it's probably one of the worst health things i've had to experience. *hugz* for getting through that. i know when you're on it it doesn't seem to ever end. but you got through it! =) how's your bp now?

I was 37wk 6d. I actually only had one elevated bp so it was isolated HELLP without Pre-E. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought mag was the absolute worst. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"