Houston Babies
Options

Maternity Swimwear... for actual swimming?

Hi Ladies

I am back trying to swim again now... and I need a new swimsuit as mine is getting a little tight. I need more of a sporty type one though for swimming laps... not a fashionable one! Any ideas on where I can get one in Houston?? or do I have to order online? Id really like to try one on first before I buy!!

TIA for any ideas! 

Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Maternity Swimwear... for actual swimming?

• Options
    I got mine at Target. Actually, the first time around I just wore my pre-pg suit and stretched the heck out of it (maybe just go buy a larger size regular one?). But the 2nd time I got a maternity one from Target. I don't think it was "sporty" but it was functional and I did swim and do water aerobics in it. It had shorts on the bottom and a tankini top. I really loved it.
    - Jena
  • Options

I had sooooooooooo much trouble with this!  I never could find any good options in Houston, and I didn't trust the few I found online.  I ended up buying one of those 'old lady' one piece suits w/ a bunch of ruching (is that how you spell that???) across the belly.  It's worked fine for lap swimming, especially since I'm so much slower now, and I've been able to grow into it.  The only problem is I'm probably flashing a bit too much cleavage at times.  I guess that's b/c I don't have the chest of a grandma (aka the ladies aren't resting on my thighs!)!  =)  I guess I could have taken the straps up some, though.  

Oh, I just remembered that before the grandma suit, I bought a regular suit a size or 2 bigger than usual, and then wore one of those tight, Under Armour-type tops over it.  That way I felt like I had a little extra coverage, but I also didn't have a bunch of drag in the water.  

Best of luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Im debating about getting my mum to send me a speedo maternity swimsuit from the UK.... they have them there! But that might be a bit crazy! Will have to ask her next time I call! I have a tankini that fits for now, but it isnt really very good for swimming... having said that Im not going very fast these days... 30 lengths felt like 80 the other day.... oh well! Im only going to turn more into a whale as time goes on, and some swimming is better than nothing! 

Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I've been lurking on here as we're thinking about starting a family ...

Try  https://www.swimoutlet.com/Womens_Maternity_Swimwear_s/271.htm

Their inventory changes all the time so keep checking too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"