Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What I dislike about pre-school right now:

The cr@p they learn about from their peers and then insist they love and want to have in the way of toys.

My kids had never seen or even heard of Transformers or super heroes before D started pre-school last fall.  (unless you count an infatuation with Super Why which I totally support and encourage)

Now?

He wants Transformer toys because "Grant and Camden LOVE transformers!"

I know a lot of this is because these kids have older siblings so they're exposed younger but still.....  I really wish my 4 yr old wasn't so excited about all things exploding and shooting.

When we go to the library the only books he wants are super hero, iron man and transformer books.

That's pulling us out of the little kid section and into the young adult section.

I am really struggling to pick books for him that are not full of explosions and shooting.

I'm just not ready for this yet and it makes me sad that the 3 yr old is interested even younger because of the exposure to this stuff at school.

Guess it was bound to happen and I know I can't keep them innocent and little forever...  I just wanted a bit more time, KWIM? 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: What I dislike about pre-school right now:

• Options
    This is something I'm not looking forward to about DS starting preschool. He just recently started making his toy cars and dinosaurs smash into each other and yell thanks to his exposure to my neighbors 5 year old next door.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

this happened to us too.  ds was all set to be buzz lightyear for halloween... then he started preschool .  he ended up being spiderman. and it doesn't matter that I don't buy gun toys ... he uses his blocks to build guns and lifesabers ... seriously!  they are not allowed to bring toys in either. but it's on lunchboxes... kids draw and build things.  they pretend to have a gun.  

boo. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I do think it is funny what Harmon is picking up at school.  We don't really watch any TV at home (an occasional Thomas Video or Curious George but that is it). Now he know the theme songs to all the popular shows: Elmo, Dora, etc.  He hasn't ever watched any of these shows but he knows everyone in them.  Our problem isn't violence... he is MADLY in love with all the Disney Princesses b/c his "girlfriend" Kate loves them.  My poor tough construction husband is dying Stick out tongue

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

YUP! 

DD: Mom I love Hannah Montana

ME: You don't even know who she is.

DD:  Well Lilly love her, so I do too.

I dislike this chick alot and I think she is the worst role model ever and will not let my child wear, play or watch her!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KGskyKGsky member

Right there with ya'!  I have a passionate dislike of Spongebob.  Someone had a Spongebob themed party and now, DD loves Spongebob.  I hate Elmo.  Guess who now loves Elmo.  REALLY hate Barney... I could go on.  These are things that have never been on a single TV in our house.  And finally,  I was adamant: NO Disney princesses!  Guess who had a princess party?  I give. 

What's worse is that DD comes into school and I kid you not, if a friend has a water bottle "I want my water!"  If a friend is wearing a hood and she's wearing a hat "I want my hood!" (that happened this a.m.).  I REALLY hope this passes.  I'd hate to think what happens when her friends are teenagers (or tweenagers) having sex, drinking, and experimenting with drugs! Tongue Tied

• Options

DD was pointing her finger at us last week "shooting" us. I was very unhappy with it. Then I asked her what she was shooting. "Flowers" huh? "Flowers shoot out of the shooter and cover you with rainbows!" ok. I'm good with that kind of shooting.

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"