April 2011 Moms
Options

Moby question

I noticed a lot of you ladies with LO's are using your Moby a bunch.  I got one as a hand-me-down and have yet to really use it.  I've looked it up on YouTube for some ways to use it, but it seems like there are a million different variations.  What videos do you recommend that have the position you like/use the most?  TIA!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Moby question

• Options

Great minds think alike, Just posted the same question! Can't wait for some answers!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha, I see your's too!  Looking forward to figuring this out :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't used mine yet - but I've practiced some of the ways to use it with my doula.  I havent watched a video - but here is the easiest way i have figured out to tie/use it.  See if you can follow my blonde directions.  :) 

Put the tag on your belly button and wrap both sides around your waist to the back. Criss cross in the back and pull each side up over your shoulders. Criss cross in the front and tuck each side into the waist you created.  Wrap it back around to the back at your waist and tie it.  Put the baby in there and pull up on the waist to secure baby. 

Hard to get a visual image of that, i know...but I walked my way through it several times to get the hang of it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The newborn hug hold (what it's called in the moby instructions) - it's the upright tummy to tummy position.  You can also do the legs out version - hug hold - if LO doesn't like legs in.  You can also do front wrap cross carry (you'll find lots of videos on youtube if you search for that or I have one in my siggy link) - it's very similar but puts the pocket on the inside.

In general, an upright tummy to tummy position is better than the cradle carry which can be difficult to get safely positioned - and many babies don't care for cradle carry anyway.

• Options
    imagencbelle:

The newborn hug hold (what it's called in the moby instructions) - it's the upright tummy to tummy position.

This is what I've used every time so far and LO loves it. He falls asleep right away almost every time I put him in and is very peaceful.
  • Options
    Sorry. I'm posting from my phone, so I can't LIP. Go back to the 3rd page of posts on this board. A few days back I posted with LIP to an awesome video. The post was called "Are You Struggling with Your Moby?".

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"