Health & Exercise

where did you buy running/workout clothes?

I've always worn dri-fit type tops and capris when I work out.  So far, I've been able to wear my pre-pregnancy capris and went up a size in my tops.  A month later, everything is starting to get too tight around the belly.  I don't want to just go up in size again (tops would be way too loose up top), but I can't find any maternity clothes that are dri-fit.  I'm not big on cotton or cotton/spandex which will show my rather embarrassing sweat marks.

Has anyone seen dri-fit type maternity clothes?  If not, any suggestions for alternatives?

Re: where did you buy running/workout clothes?

• I bought tops from www.fitmaternity.com; the tops are nice and breathable but a bit $$.  I work out ~6 days a wk so bought 3 tops and just wear them 3 days in a row before washing them.  As for capris, I'm still able to wear PP capris that I bought from Target and Costco.  Hoping i can wear them after I lose the baby weight and that they won't be stretched out.  So far they don't look stretched out.  Oh, I also bought the tops at ~16 wks and I'm now 30(although measuring ~5 wks ahead).  I bought them in the size I was PP and they are working out well.  I really like them! The website also has pants but I didn't want to spend that much money on stuff I won't wear again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I usually wear Lululemon and didn't want to stretch out my nice workout clothes, so I bought Old Navy (non-maternity) workout pants and corresponding tanks in a medium.  I am at 30 weeks and they are just fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The Gap has a limited selection, but they are very good quality!  I anticipate being able to wear the tops and bottom post pregnancy as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • I wear my husband's shirts! If I'm working out in the house (spin bike or eliptical) I just wear his workout shorts too. For workouts where people may actually see me I sized up in Nike capris. Some are softer than others and are not at all cutting into my basketball sized belly. They also don't look like they stretched alot so I think I'll probably even get some use out of them after I am back to 'normal'..they will just be a little big.
  • I had some luck with Fit Maternity and also directly from Born Fit (one of the brands they carry)- watch the return policy for Fit Maternity though- I often like to order a bunch of stuff and send back anything that isn't perfect (they only grant store credit so I only ordered things I really thought I'd keep).

Sadly I'm not running anymore (my abdominal wall muscles just couldn't handle it after about 24 weeks).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"