Central Florida Babies
Options

New to Orlando, from NJ!

Hi Everyone! I recently moved to Orlando from New Jersey and am having quite the difficult time getting adjusted. I am 6.5 months prego and due on June 27th with our first and it?s a boy! We are extremely excited! Unfortunately, the move to Florida left behind ALL of my friends and family. My FI and I are here alone and I am staying at home while he works his new job, 14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. As you can imagine, it leaves me very lonely, all the time. Looking to meet other expecting mommies in the area... If anyone has any recommendations on classes and/or get-togethers in the area, they would be VERY much appreciated! I need to get out of this house!

Thanks!! - Julie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to Orlando, from NJ!

• Options
    Welcome! I am expecting and have a 3 year old. Once your baby is born you could look into doing a Kindermusik or Gymboree class to meet other moms. I know that there are is also MOPS.
  • Options
    Welcome!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejcappelluti:

Hi Everyone! I recently moved to Orlando from New Jersey and am having quite the difficult time getting adjusted. I am 6.5 months prego and due on June 27th with our first and it?s a boy! We are extremely excited! Unfortunately, the move to Florida left behind ALL of my friends and family. My FI and I are here alone and I am staying at home while he works his new job, 14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. As you can imagine, it leaves me very lonely, all the time. Looking to meet other expecting mommies in the area... If anyone has any recommendations on classes and/or get-togethers in the area, they would be VERY much appreciated! I need to get out of this house!

Thanks!! - Julie

hi julie! reading your message was like my own story as well!  my husband got a job in orlando, and we moved 2 months ago from new york city and we are also expecting our first!  i am 22 weeks along, due in early august and feeling overwhelmed w/pregnancy, leaving behind all our family and friends (not knowing a soul here in orlando), and also staying home as i am not currently working!  i have begged for a puppy to try to temper some of the loneliness!  where in jersey are you from?  and where in orlando do you live?  it'd be great to get together, as this board tends to be extremely quiet on that front!  you can email me at youngjee.kim@gmail.com

• Options
    imageyjkim78:
    imagejcappelluti:

hi julie! reading your message was like my own story as well!  my husband got a job in orlando, and we moved 2 months ago from new york city and we are also expecting our first!  i am 22 weeks along, due in early august and feeling overwhelmed w/pregnancy, leaving behind all our family and friends (not knowing a soul here in orlando), and also staying home as i am not currently working!  i have begged for a puppy to try to temper some of the loneliness!  where in jersey are you from?  and where in orlando do you live?  it'd be great to get together, as this board tends to be extremely quiet on that front!  you can email me at youngjee.kim@gmail.com

Thanks YJ! Email sent! Smile

• Options
    Hi Julie! I think I recognize you from the June 2011 moms board! I am due June 16 & live here in Orlando. We should definitely GTG sometime, especially since our boys will be the same age! PM me or email me at sunflowr0803@gmail.com. :) Hope to hear from you soon! Kristen
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Julie, congratulations on the baby and welcome to Orlando. Come in for a complimentary 3D/4D Ultrasound Session with your baby.  Just simply like us at www.facebook.com/ultrasoundcenter and then call us to schedule your appointment.

Here is their info:

Prenatal Impressions 3D/4D Ultrasound Center of Orlando

6000 Metrowest Blvd #205

Orlando, FL 32835

www.prenatalimpressions.net

• Options

Hi Julie!

Welcome to Florida. I moved here back in December from NH. I know how hard it is to move far away from family. I;m not aware of any groups/get together's but you could try meetup.com I know there are groups all over central FL.

I hope you find something. If you want to comiserate about being away from family and having no friends  feel free to email me ceb0405@yahoo.com

Have a great weekend and a Hoppy Easter!

Caroline

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"