Baby Names

What's up with dropping vowels???

I have come across several baby names (IRL) where the family has dropped a vowel--is this a special new trend?? 

Alexsandr

Braydn

Harpr

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: What's up with dropping vowels???

• I've never seen anyone do that, but that's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Yet another trend to look forward to, I guess. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am guessing this looks "cool" thanks to texting. Even English teachers are noticing more students handing in papers with missing vowels now because they are so used to txting shorthand. Why not apply it to names? (Yeah, puke haha).
  • That is terrible! I've never seen this IRL and hopefully I never do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Harpr?  PLEASE tell me you made that up.  omgz.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I saw this too in one family that goes to the elementary school I work at. At first I was thinking "huh, maybe they are not american"... then I met them and they were.

Evndar (took me until I heard someone else pronounce it to figure out they dropped the a between v and n)

and then there is a Zaydn too.

Unfortunate. I really hope it doesn't catch on.

• a new trend??  no.  this is poor parenting from day 1.  do your children a favor and spell their names correctly.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • At the library today, there was a sign saying that the winner of the jellybean guessing contest was

"Braeylnn" 

I at first thought it was a typo at the end and that it was supposed to be

"Braelynn" (pretty much just as bad!) ...but now I'm not so sure Sad 

image"
  • Klassy as always, or should I say "Klssy s lwys"

"Even miracles take a little time"

• eww.  I hope that's not a real thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just inappropriate.  These kids have to live with these names and grow into professionals some day. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know someone in her late 20's with the name Kristl.  Ick!  So many things wrong there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know someone I work with and her name is Skylr Dawne.

I asked her mom (she works there too) why she left out a vowel...and she said..."I just didn't want her to have it, I liked it better without." So she stuck the E on the end of Dawne (MN). Just beautiful. Confused

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • imageRedCardinal:

I know someone I work with and her name is Skylr Dawne.

I asked her mom (she works there too) why she left out a vowel...and she said..."I just didn't want her to have it, I liked it better without." So she stuck the E on the end of Dawne (MN). Just beautiful. Confused

Indifferent

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't consider this a "special" trend, lol. I know a little girl named Brytn (Brighton).....mn Graycei.
    Foster to adopt process started 8/2012:)
  • Hp ths dsn't bcm trnd t s hrrbl nd mks ppl lk stpd.

Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • I saw a Trystn recently. Ugh!
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"