Preemies
Options

Intro... :)

Hi everyone,

I figure I should formally introduce myself since I'm already posting in the group.  I just gave birth to my son Milo on Sunday April 17 at 34 weeks, 1 day (EDD 5/28).  I had been on modified bed rest since March 8 due to a shortened cervix and contractions.  Over the next six weeks I became increasingly dilated, and was admitted to L&D at 4 cm dilated on Thursday April 14.  By Friday I was 6 cm and the doctors said I wasn't leaving the hospital until I delivered.  Then on Saturday I found out I tested positive for Group B strep, so they wanted me to deliver ASAP.   

Milo is big for his gestational age, was born weighing 6 lbs 10.6 oz, so his major problem is getting his breathing straightened out.  He's feeding through a tube, but had his IV removed today and also is no longer on antibiotics or lights to quell his jaundice, so he's making some progress.  I've been pumping breast milk at home and he just had his first solely BM feeding this evening (though it took half of the 24-hours of pumping supply I brought in to do it).   

I'm still in shock over having gone into labor (rather than attending my own baby shower which was on the 16th), and struggling to adjust to life as a preemie mom. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning how to navigate through this new adventure!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
Photobucket
A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Intro... :)

• Options
    Welcome to Milo and an official welcome to the board. I think having a preemie takes some adjusting to for everyone. As you said, it's not the way anyone pictures giving birth. It sounds like Milo is doing well though, and hopefully he'll be home with you soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome & congrats on your LO! Way to go with the pumping!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your sweet baby boy. What a good size! He sounds like a strong little guy!
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"