Pregnant after IF
Options

When did you stop vivelle patches?

I'm only 5w2d today and my doctor is having me stop the vivelle (estrogen) patches tomorrow. I did 2 patches every 3 days, up to 10 times. They say this is all I need and I trust them but nervous to remove and stop them tomorrow. This is my first pregnancy, I had a chemical in Jan from a Fet which I didn't use patches. When researching I saw a lot of people don't stop until they stop PIO at about 10-12 weeks. I will still be doing PIO until abour 12 weeks they said ( depending how it goes). Anyone stop vivelle patches early in pregnancy and still pregnant etc?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Re: When did you stop vivelle patches?

• Options
    My RE didn't have me stop until 10 weeks. I think the PIO is more important at this stage.
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 Since 3/2010 Diagnosed with POF
    6/2010-IVF #1 Cancelled after ER b/c 0 eggs recovered
    On to Donor Eggs
    9-30-10 IVF w/ DE begins & Donor started stims 10-4-10
    Donor ER 10-14-10 14 Fertilized Eggs ~ ET 10-17-10 (7 Frosties)
    IVF #1 11-18-10 M/C @ 7 Weeks~Stopped growing @ 5 Weeks
    FET #1 2-1-2011
    Beta #1 13dp3dt 2-14-2011~722
    Beta #2 15dp3dt 2-16-2011~1942
    1st U/S 3-3-2011~Twin Girls

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I stopped mine at 7w2d...I'm still on the endometrin supps though--my RE said those were much more important at this stage.
    TTC #1 since 4/09
    2/21/11: IVF #1 Begins and results in TWINS!
    11/4/11: The twins are born at 36w4d!
    11/5/11: We said goodbye to our sweet baby girl as she was born with multiple complications and a severe heart defect, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    grazygrazy member
    I stopped them around 10 or 11 weeks. I stopped PIO and progesterone supplements around 13.?
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    I put my last patch on at 10w and they told me to keep it on until it fell off...2 weeks later it didnt fall off yet and was gross so I just took it off...i wasn't concerned about stopping the patches, more so the PIO which is more important I would think...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was told to stop those and my Crinone after my 2nd beta.

ETA:  After looking at my test results of course. :)

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    QE2QE2 member
    I stopped my Climara patches during week 10. My MFM doc wants me to continue PIO until week 12.
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I stopped my Vivelle around 8 weeks, but continued with PIO until a little over 10 weeks.  Good luck!
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did 4 patches every other day till ET then I did 2 every other day and continued till 13w5d.... also on PIO that long. I would trust your Dr..... I think I was on them so long because I have some seriously wacky hormones. Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I stopped the Vivelle patches right around 5 weeks also...my RE checked my estrogen first and then weaned me off.  I didn't stop PIO until 10 weeks.
  • Options

imagesteveandkim2:
    I stopped my Vivelle around 8 weeks, but continued with PIO until a little over 10 weeks.  Good luck!

This!

• Options
    I was told to stop them as soon as I got my BFP. I was on PIO until 10 weeks, though.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"