Georgia Babies

Opinions of CHOA-Hughes Spalding?

Fortunately we haven't had to make any late night CHOA visits, but I know at some point we might.  Our pedi office recommends CHOA at Egleston and Scottish Rite but not Hughes Spalding.  I can certainly ask why the next time, but just wanted to know opinions from anyone who has visited there.  It is much, much closer to us, and I would absolutely use it in a true emergency.  I'm just trying to decide whether I would use it if we had a little more time but still needed an ER.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Opinions of CHOA-Hughes Spalding?

• From what my pedi told me, Hughes Spalding is more of a specialty treatment facility (autism, cerebral palsy, etc.) and a burn unit for children. They do have an ER, but if you need full services, they would likely transfer you. I know they just had a multi-million dollar make-over, though. 

Honestly, I live in East Point and the drive to Egleston really isn't all that bad.  

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemyrall:

From what my pedi told me, Hughes Spalding is more of a specialty treatment facility (autism, cerebral palsy, etc.) and a burn unit for children. They do have an ER, but if you need full services, they would likely transfer you. I know they just had a multi-million dollar make-over, though. 

Honestly, I live in East Point and the drive to Egleston really isn't all that bad.  

This is my understanding as well, they also do some stuff with cancer patients. I would make the drive to Egleston or Scottish Rite.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks all!  I appreciate it!  We definitely make the drive to Egleston which was probably the plan anyway.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"