Pre-School and Daycare
Options

PT/fluid intake

Hey ladies,

DD is PTng right now and I wanted to know if it would be better to just give her drinks w/ meals & snacks?  She's used to having milk right when she gets up, having water available all day, and having milk before bed.  I'm thinking milk w/ breakfast and dinner and water with lunch and snacks?

TIA!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PT/fluid intake

• Options

Not sure what approach or method you're using but we took the opposite stance in regards to liquids.

The more they drink = the more they need to pee = the more opportunities to practice/learn.

Then again - we did the "yank the diapers, no pull ups, put on underwear and let's just do this" approach. 

We only limited drinks during and after dinner when they were overnight potty training.

And... I have to tell you your daughter's glasses are ADORABLE!!!!

So cute! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    imagehowleyshell:

We only limited drinks during and after dinner when they were overnight potty training.

That is us.  We are already in the high 80's here and low 90's.  I just wouldn't risk not having easy access to fluids b/c he plays hard outside. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies :-)

Thank you for the comment about DD's glasses ~ she's really good with them and we make sure to tell her how nice they look on her :-)  Keep up that confidence!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They need to have free access to as many fluids as they want during the day. When they lose fluid through sweat it is a larger % than that of adults. Don't limit their fluids until maybe about 2 hours or so before bedtime. I'd definitely limit the drinks with lots of sugar though....especially in the heat.
  • Options
    I honestly don't get the thought behind giving a child extra fluid while potty training.  Why force the issue?  I would give your child when she asks for a drink and when you normally do.  When she has to go potty - have her tell you.  If you are telling her when to go potty or forcing her to drink a ton of liquid so she goes more - she is not really learning to feel when she needs to go.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"