Cloth Diapering
Options

Front load soaking help.

Hello All,

I have been CDing now for 10 months and this last week Z had what appeared to be a yeast infection. I think. We cleared it up and I want to soak my CD's. I have heard vinegar and bakin soda. The problem is  I have a front loading washer and all of the instructions are more for top loading. Water doesn't stay in the my front.

Does anyone have front loading instructions or another way I can soak them?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Front load soaking help.

• Options
    I use a few 5 gallon buckets, but I've heard plenty of people soaking in their bathtub.  Not ideal, sorry.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemoussy:
    I use a few 5 gallon buckets, but I've heard plenty of people soaking in their bathtub.  Not ideal, sorry.

Agreed.  But make sure you use bleach.  Vinegar and baking soda won't kill the yeast. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So when you soak in the bathtub, what do you use? Do you just drown the cloth diapers in the water?
  • Options
    I have yet to figure out a way to soak in my front loader. We have a utility sink that I use. If I didn't have that I'd probably use the bath tub.
  • Options
    For yeast, I wouldn't soak. I would wash with really hot water and bleach, then hang in the sun to dry.
  • Options

imagesweetpea18:
    For yeast, I wouldn't soak. I would wash with really hot water and bleach, then hang in the sun to dry.

This is what I would do.

I soak in my front loader.  I start the wash then pause it once the water has finished going in, then I pour a few gallons of water in through the detergent dispenser.

• Options
    imageNikki1007:

imagesweetpea18:

This is what I would do.

I soak in my front loader.  I start the wash then pause it once the water has finished going in, then I pour a few gallons of water in through the detergent dispenser.

How much bleach? I thought bleach was bad?

THanks everyone. I should add that I"m not sure if it was a yeast infection. It was a few raised bums right below the scrotum.

• Options
    Oh and do you use detergent and laundrey detergent?
  • Options
    imageNikki1007:

imagesweetpea18:

This is what I would do.

Nikki, you live on the edge :P 

• Options
    1/4 cup of  bleach and add more water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"