Cincinnati Babies
Options

Any one get pg while on the pill?

So, I am a little nervous right now and thought you ladies might be able to help. 

I am on the pill (have been for years) and am pretty consistent about taking it.  My periods are always right on time. However, I am now about 3 days late. I know this is not a lot of time, but this is really strange for me. I also am not getting any of the normal pms symptoms.

I think I am extra worried b/c I recently had a close friend who had a horrific m/c before she ever knew she was pregnant. She was also on bc and the m/c was attributed to that.

Add to this, the fact that my DH is currently flying all over Europe for business and not around to calm my nerves. 

Has this happened to anyone? Should I give it a few more days before I freak out, or should I take a test or call the doctor now?  Also, someone please tell me that babies conceived while on bc turn out to be totally healthy...I think that prospect is what is worrying me the most right now.  TIA!

Re: Any one get pg while on the pill?

• Options
    i would take a test.  if your period is late, then the test will be pretty accurate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Pee on a stick and it will come. lol. ?I used to have scares all of the time when i was on the pill and would have no symptoms, but as soon as I peed on a stick she would visit. ?When we did get pg I had been off of the pill for three months.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have two friends that got pregnant while on the pill.  Both have happy, healthy little boys now with no medical problems whatsoever. 

I hope that helps to ease your mind and that you get whatever result you're looking for!

HUGS!

imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Two of my aunts got pregnant while on BC.  One aunt got pregnant twice!  All 3 kids are healthy!  I would POAS, but I am impatient like that. 
  • Options
    I would POAS to ease your nerves. It is possible the AF isn't showing her ugly face b/c you are so stressed. Whatever the results are, I hope you get what you are looking/wanting. Good Luck!! Let us know =)
  • Options

It is possible to get pregnant on the pill.  It happened to both my mother and my sister, and babies turned out to be just fine!

I would definitely take a test now.  If it's positive, you know not to take your BCP anymore.  Since you are late, the test should give you the answer quickly.

Good luck, I hope it works out however you want it to.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

No worries. First off, assuming you are a typical pill (Ortho Tri, Yaz, those kinds), they are designed to not harm the baby if you happen to miss and get pregnant, although you should not stay on them, obviously, and should come off right as soon as you find out if you are or not. But a ton of people get pregnant while on the pill and go on to have perfectly healthy babies anyway.

Second, if you are three days late, the test should be very accurate. I would test to make sure so that if you are, you can start taking prenatal vitamins, etc. Just take one of the home tests. No real need to call the doc unless it's positive

Also, even if this is an unplanned pregnancy, it will be fine. My DD was a surprise (I got pregnant right after going off the pill) and I freaked out. It has turned out to be the best surprise ever-- my DD is so wonderful. So even if you are pregnant unexpectedly, I promise it will work out!

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Okay, I am definitely feeling a little more relaxed about the healthy baby thing...thank you for those stories of reassurance!

I think normally, I would run to get a test.  I just feel a little less settled about everything with DH so far away.  He is under a lot of pressure right now, and I don't want to throw him into a tailspin while he is so far away.  

This might sound crazy, but if I take the test and it is positive, I don't know if I could wait to tell him when he gets back. But, at the same time, I don't want to tell him like this (over the phone - so far away). I know I might be getting way ahead of myself here, but I have a wierd feeling about this whole thing.

• Options

It won't hurt you to wait to take a test, especially if it's positive and you want to make it special when you tell your DH.  If you decide to wait, though, I don't know if I'd want to start a new pack of pills until I was sure.

Good Luck!

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    I haven't read any of the pp yet, but I wanted to tell you that my aunt has an 11 year old healthy girl who was conceived on bc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"