Parenting after 35

Hellooooo! :)

Hey all!  Stever reminded me that I need to get on over here and say hello!  Still can't believe I'm a mom... pinch me!!!

A little intro for the folks who don't know me: I'm a graduate of the TTC and Pregnant after 35 boards, and was on the Knot before that.  DH and I have known each other for almost 9 years now, but just got married last April (our first anniversary is this coming Easter Sunday). 

Our baby Milo was born this past Sunday at 34 weeks.  He's in the NICU to get his breathing under control, but is making progress and doing well.  I've been pumping at home and finally today had a few sips to give him... what a relief!  It's hard to be apart from him, though I am actually terrified to bring him home... they are being so careful with him now (I can't really even touch him yet) I am afraid I will break him when they give him over to me. 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hanging out with all of you, and reconnecting with old board buddies over here!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
Photobucket
A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Hellooooo! :)

• Welcome to the old broads' board! :)   Your little peanut will be home soon, I'm sure.  He looks like he's got some chunky little cheeks, so now the rest of him needs to catch up!  Congrats, mama!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey Kiki! Welcome!

Good job with the pumping! I'm sure your supply will really pick up once you get him home. It took me several months of supplementing before my supply finally caught up with Mikey's demand... but it DID catch up. 

It's good that they're being careful with him, but I hope he gets to go home with you guys soon. What are they saying needs to happen to his little lungs? And how's he doing otherwise? I agree that he's a member of the Chubby Cheeks Club. Sooo cute!

Speaking of chubby cheeks, I have to my chubby cheekster from destroying his coloring book.

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations, Kiki and welcome!!!

Milo is a cutie!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Welcome, Kiki...to the board and to motherhood!  My little guy started out in the NICU too (though for different reasons), so I know how hard it is not to be with him.  But you'll be scooping up little Milo before you know it and smothering him with kisses.  What a wonderful anniversary present...Happy Anniversary!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aww. Baby Milo is previous!!! Congrats. And welcome.
  • imagestever:
    What are they saying needs to happen to his little lungs? And how's he doing otherwise?

Because he was born at only 34 weeks, his lungs still need time to mature.  He just needs to learn how to breathe more instinctively; initially he was breathing really hard and needed extra oxygen.  Today he needed less added oxygen and his respiration is slowing to a more normal rhythm.  There's nothing really wrong with him, it just comes with the territory of this gestational age.  And, his size is actually working against him a bit.  He's got immature lungs on a big body for his age, so he has to work that much harder. 

Otherwise he's doing pretty good.  He's got a bit of jaundice so he's under lights, and he's being fed through a tube, but the NICU doc and nurses say he's doing everything he should be at this point.  He just needs time to rest and grow.

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • Congratulations!! Hopefully your little boy will be home sooner rather than later :-) 

Welcome! 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • M.AmyM.Amy member
    Welcome to our little haven.  I hope your precious DS comes home soon.
  • Kiki!

I'm glad Milo's doing well!  I'm sure the hospital will give you loads of advice and help when it's time to bring him home! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Congratulations!! Milo is adorable!
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Congrats on your adorable baby. I am glad Milo is doing well. Welcome to the board. I remember seeing you over at TCC+35.
  • Congrats and welcome! Milo is a cutie, I hope everything goes smoothly and he grows and stays healthy!
  • Welcome!  Your LO is just precious.
  • Kiki, Congratulations on your prescious little guy!  Milo is so cute.  Glad to hear that he is doing well.  I know it's a little scary, but it will be so nice for you to have him home where you can stare at him whenever you want! 

And yea for pumping going well! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations and welcome, Kiki!!!
  • Congratulations! He is so cute! Glad the pumping is going well. Hope Milo goes home soon.

I remember you: you took over the weekly updates on PG>35 board and did much better job than me.

• Congratulations! Milo is beautiful. And I absolutely adore his name. I hope he gets to some home soon.  Enjoy the sleep until he does. Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"