Georgia Babies

6 month stats

E's 6-month appt was this week. She is 16.5lbs and 28".  At her 4 month appt she was barely 24", which means she grew almost 4" in 2 months. Doesn't that seem really extreme???  She went from the 67% to the 99% percentile in height but did not make the same leap in weight.

Obviously the pedi didn't seem concerned, but in reflecting on those numbers, it just seems odd. Anyone else have that kind of jump?

Also, in other news, that means she is only 1" away from outgrowing her infant seat. ARRRRRGH!!! 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

Re: 6 month stats

• there is a good chance they just measured her wrong at some point.  I always think that the measurments cant be very acurate as they move so much when you lay them down
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageThat.Just.Happened:

E's 6-month appt was this week. She is 16.5lbs and 28".  At her 4 month appt she was barely 24", which means she grew almost 4" in 2 months. Doesn't that seem really extreme???  She went from the 67% to the 99% percentile in height but did not make the same leap in weight.

Obviously the pedi didn't seem concerned, but in reflecting on those numbers, it just seems odd. Anyone else have that kind of jump?

Also, in other news, that means she is only 1" away from outgrowing her infant seat. ARRRRRGH!!! 

my baby jumped in height at 4 months but grew only a quarter inch between 4 and 6 months so she's back on track. as a pp said, they also measured her wrong at 2 months. this time, i actually watched so the lady measured her twice.

• Loading the player...
  • imagekita09:
    imageThat.Just.Happened:

my baby jumped in height at 4 months but grew only a quarter inch between 4 and 6 months so she's back on track. as a pp said, they also measured her wrong at 2 months. this time, i actually watched so the lady measured her twice.

by the way, mine was 27.75 at 6 months so she was off the curve at 4 months. so they're tall but it's not unusual. i just switched to a convertible seat.

• One time my DD didn't grow at all according to the dr's measurements, but as a baby, we know that's not right! Could have been they measured her wrong either time.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"