3rd Trimester
Options

What causes dark blue veins on breasts?

I should preface with the fact that I do not have a confirmed pregnancy yet (only 8 DPO). I understand this may or may not be pregnancy related but I'm a little concerned. I have larger size breasts and since having my children I've always had light veins. However, I noticed today that the veins are extremely dark and one shoots right through my left nipple. I have also had shooting pains through them off and on the past week. I understand this could completely be hormonal related, but I want to know what causes this? I googled it and did not find a medical reason... just lots of posts from women who experienced it as well. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What causes dark blue veins on breasts?

• Options
    Increased blood flow (therefore engorged veins) and stretching of the tissue over your breasts a little thinner thanks to swelling and making milk. ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    imageforensicmama:
    Increased blood flow (therefore engorged veins) and stretching of the tissue over your breasts a little thinner thanks to swelling and making milk. ;)
    So you're saying that's what causes it during pregnancy? Anything besides pregnancy that could cause it? Does it start prior to a BFP?? I remember w/my first 2 pregnancies I had horribly sensitive breasts, but I don't remember these large, dark veins.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    imageforensicmama:
    So you're saying that's what causes it during pregnancy? Anything besides pregnancy that could cause it? Does it start prior to a BFP?? I remember w/my first 2 pregnancies I had horribly sensitive breasts, but I don't remember these large, dark veins.

Oh, I see you're not even pregnant. That's kind of funny. The first thing I noticed with this pregnancy were really swollen, full breasts. It could be a premenstrual thing, but it could be pregnancy. Hopefully you get good news soon. Do you have a good feeling about it? Good luck. :)

Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
  • Options
    imageforensicmama:

imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    imageforensicmama:

Oh, I see you're not even pregnant. That's kind of funny. The first thing I noticed with this pregnancy were really swollen, full breasts. It could be a premenstrual thing, but it could be pregnancy. Hopefully you get good news soon. Do you have a good feeling about it? Good luck. :)

I have had consistant "symptoms" since ovulation (I'm charting and did an opk). I just hate the wait--I'm not a patient person.
  • Options
    imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    imageforensicmama:

imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    imageforensicmama:

I have had consistant "symptoms" since ovulation (I'm charting and did an opk). I just hate the wait--I'm not a patient person.

I know what you mean! :) Maybe you could test early and get some good news. :)

• Options
    My luteal phase last month was pretty short. Right now I'm 8 DPO, so tomorrow at 9DPO it is 4 days prior to when my next P is supposed to start~not too early to test :)
  • Options

I didnt notice this symptom till at least my second trimester...but everyone is different.

I remember very clearly that overwhelming need to be pregnant... I hope this is it for you. good luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Blue veins were one of my first symptoms 1st trimester... besides feeling icky and tired.  Maybe you are pregnant!  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm voting that you're pregnant. The weird veins were early symptoms for me both times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"