Detroit Babies

Toy Organization

Any good tips?  P doesnt have a lot of toys yet but I'd like to get a handle on things before it gets out of control.  Right now she has a little bin with stuffed animals and little things in it that she doesn't use terribly often.  The toys that she does play with on a daily basis pretty much just get tossed to the side at night and are strewn all over the rug where we play during the day.  Her room is pretty tiny so I don't have a ton of space for any large storage units. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toy Organization

• We have this, w/6 of the Fabric Drawers, so in the drawers we can put all the little items & still have 3 cubes that are for bigger things.  We have it in our breakfast nook on the main floor, but you could use it in the bedroom.  It's not that big, and they also have a 6 or 8 one that is tall instead of wide.

https://tinyurl.com/3dfqqcb

P.S. Glad the Tigers held on to win today, not playing to bad ever since I posted about their lousy start!  Jose looked liked Fernando Rodney today though, made the 9th inning interesting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Are you already using the space under her crib? We had baskets under there before we sidecared it. We have baskets under our coffee table where we put toys as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the same cube system.  It's really not that big, so it might work in her room.  It fit in Noah's closet, so we just keep it in there.  We also got a big plastic tub that we keep downstairs to throw some of the misc toys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In his room we have a 6 cube organizer from Target which works awesome. It might be too big, but you could try one of the 4 cube ones.We have storage bins in 2 of the cubes and the others are open.

We also have a toy organizer in our living room because his toys ended up ALL over without it. We used to have them all in a big bin, but he could never get to anything so we bought this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tot-Tutors-Toy-Organizer-Espresso-Finish/14017484 

I love it because it matches our living room furniture so it's not too obnoxious. They also have one in cute girly colors you could put in her room. 

• DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • imageKBabySmiles:
    Are you already using the space under her crib? We had baskets under there before we sidecared it. We have baskets under our coffee table where we put toys as well.

Right now I have an under the bed storage bin under her crib with clothes in the next size up.  I could probably try to arrange it differently and maybe I could fit two under there.  It's just hard to get them out becuase you have to kind of lift up the crib in order to get enough clearance.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebroncoalum97:

We have this, w/6 of the Fabric Drawers, so in the drawers we can put all the little items & still have 3 cubes that are for bigger things.  We have it in our breakfast nook on the main floor, but you could use it in the bedroom.  It's not that big, and they also have a 6 or 8 one that is tall instead of wide.

https://tinyurl.com/3dfqqcb

P.S. Glad the Tigers held on to win today, not playing to bad ever since I posted about their lousy start!  Jose looked liked Fernando Rodney today though, made the 9th inning interesting.

I will have to look into those bins.  Right now I don't think she will have space in her room for one... maybe once we move?  I'm not too sure though. 

I have been a bad Tigers fan and haven't really watched many games!  But they have definitely been doing better.  I cant believe Chicago is in fourth place in the division right now and Kansas City is doing better than both of us!  ugh...

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"