Stay at Home Moms
Options

If you have 2 close in age...

how did your 2nd one fit into your existing routine in the beginning? Did you have to modify your daily routine, or did your 2nd just "go with the flow" so to speak? Did/does your 2nd take some naps while you're out, or did you find yourself having to stay home more? TIA!!

Re: If you have 2 close in age...

• Options

Going out with the 2 of them is HARD.  I pack the diaper bag the night before, which helps.  I also lay out everyone's clothes - even mine.  It's about an hour to get us all cleaned and dressed.  Then, it's 3 trips to the car - one for the diaper bag and then one for each kid. 

Being out isn't much fun.  Someone always needs to be changed, someone always wants to be fed, someone is always crying. 

I never had a routine because my older DD never napped.  My younger one doesn't either!  So, naps don't keep us in.  It's just the struggle of having 2 kids who can't go up and down stairs, one who can walk, but doesn't understand the concept of staying with mommy, two who can't feed themselves without a mess. 

It's a big ordeal between the packing, the loading in the car, the loading into the stroller, keeping up with who needs a new diaper and who is hungry.  I've left many places crying in defeat. 

• Options

My girls are 18 months apart. These 2 (DD#2 and #3) are going to be 19 months apart. 3 kids in 3 years.

It's not that hard to get out of the house with 2 kids. DD#2 just goes with the flow. You need to be relaxed if you're going to survive.

The first year with 2 so close is tough though. After that, it gets MUCH MUCH easier.?

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my 2 girls are 14 mths apart. At first I thought what have i done! i never waited to leave the house alone. They are 3 and 2 now and will be 4 and 3 when their brother shows. they go with the flow alot. DD #1 picks out stuff to wear and helps with her sister. but it is much easier now then b4
  • Options

Mine are almost 11 months apart. My little one kind of blended right in. I kept my oldest's routine constant and the baby just napped when he was tired. It didn't matter if we were out or not. Now Kaleb takes 1 nap and Mason is down to 2. So the afternoon nap they take together which is awsome! Any errands that we do, I do in the AM because Kaleb is awake and Mason will just take cat naps in the car and be ready for a good afternoon nap.

I must say though it is a process to actually go out though. They are both really good boys so once I'm out there really isn't that much of an issue. It's the logistical stuff that gets me. Who gets out of the car first? Can I put both of them in the carriage or do I have to use the stroller? It's tough because Kaleb still doesn't understand "walking with momma". So he still has to be confined.  I don't think I find it as bad as the pp does though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"