Philadelphia Babies
Options

New to the board

Hi!  I'm new to the board and newly (surprise!) pregnant.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Bryn Mawr Birth Center or HUP for deliveries.  I want to make my first pre-natal appt. but I'm going to be switching providers (my gyn practice relocated and is now horribly inconvenient to get to...) so I thought I should at least make a prelim decision first......
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: New to the board

• Options
    I went to Bryn Mawr Hospital but I did consider the birth center as well. Most people that go to the birth center really like it and have positive things to say about it so if you are thinking about a natural birth and you want a more homey setting its definitely worth checking out--you will probably love it. For me personally, it was not the right fit. I knew I wanted an epidural, I wanted to stay in the hospital for a few days to get the worst of recovery out of the way before going home (the birth center only lets you stay 12 hours I think), and I dont mind the bright lights, beeping machines etc that comes with the typical western medicine hospital birth situation. I dont know anything about HUP though, sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My sister delivered both of her babies at the Bryn Mawr Birth Center and loved it. It's not a good fit for me...too far and I am more comfortable with a hospital. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"