Georgia Babies

Cumming/Forsyth county schools

Hey all! We are thinking about buying a house in cumming and I am hoping get some feedback on the schools we'd be zoned for.  Those would be Brookwood (ES), South Forsyth (MS) & Lambert (HS).  If your kids go to these schools or you know anyone who attends, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

also what websites are helpful when researching schools?  we know about GreatSchools.com and of course the forsyth county schools site.  THANKS in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cumming/Forsyth county schools

• Congrats on buying a home! I like to use schooldigger.com, I know there is another site Melliebugs suggested to me a while back and I cannot remember it.

My friend lives here https://www.windermerehomesrealestate.com/ and really likes the schools their kids attend. They actually have had one graduate from high school and one currently in high school and a 3rd going into middle school.

If you are not already working a realtor let me know. I am an agent with Keller Williams and would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have and show you around. Email me at howe.kiersten at gmail.com.

Good luck!

• I live in Cumming and we are district for South Forsyth.  There is West, North and South and in a few years they will be building East. All schools in Cumming are awesome! 

Brookwood is Gwinett and my DH graduated from there,  Great football school.

Don't know anything Lambert.

• Loading the player...
  • I work in the Forsyth County Schools and can honestly say that you can't really go wrong!  The schools you specifically mentioned are all great schools.  Forsyth County is consistently among some of the top schools in the nation and is very technologically advanced.  
  • Lambert is literally in my backyard. I know people with kids there. It's huge but brand new and state of the art. It's supposed to be excellent. I obviously won't know first hand for many years but I my neighbor is very knowledgeable about the schools and they bought in our neighborhood b/c they were building Lambert. That's all I know though. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Great schools in that area, we are districted to North Forsyth. Did I miss that you are pregnant with #3??? Congrats!!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Thanks for the feedback guys!  really want to make sure we get into good schools! Yes I am!  We've just started telling people!  YAHOO!  major reason for the move

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just moved this past summer and really like our elementary school but are tempted to move North too for the schools once Elliott is done with elementary. Good luck!
  • Go here for the facts on rankings and other info on the school.  Everyone is going to either say the schools are great in their area or horrible.

https://www.schooldigger.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"